Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

uk trade up flex

Trade up deal now available in UK? One of the UK dealers has emailed their list this evening with a link to their website and a flex page which says the trade up deal is available through them in the uk - I havnt checked the other main dealers sites yet.  I may ask them again to see what price I might get trading in my 6500. If its a decent price I may consider the upgrade to 6700.

Steve gw0gei

Answers

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    haha I'll love to see his trade up deals .. !

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I recon it will be like trading in a car. A better price will always be available for a private sale as a dealer has to factor in a profit in any rig that they buy in. Trade-in deals are just more convenient and rarely give the best deal. I cannot for the life of me see why people are jumping to take advantage of these 'deals'.
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited November 2015
    Currently here in the UK on the most popular website for selling ham gear used 6300s are going around £1600-£1800 depending on whether they've an ATU or not and 6500s are going for £2800. 
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Let's see what the UK dealer is offering under this deal. When I have looked at the 'retail' prices of used gear in the UK, the prices are so close to a brand-new piece of kit, used is just not worth considering.

BTW, could you please let me have the link of that site as it would be very useful for my bookmarks. My email on QRZ.com is good if you prefer to send it that way. TIA for that.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I am seriously considering an upgrade to a 6500 for various reasons so made some phone calls today.

It looks like the standard Trade-in price they are offering (6 month old 6300 with no ATU in mint condition) is £1000 (£1200 for the model with ATU). I got the same price from both 'main' dealers. That seems on the low side to me? My usual test is to check completed eBay auctions but I can't find any so what do people think is a reasonable price?

I realise that trade-in is never as good as a private sale but if the price above of £1600 is a typical 'private' sale price, that means the dealers will probably look to sell for more than that, thus making a tidy profit on the sale of the  trade-in and on the new 6500. I don't object to anyone making a reasonable profit and appreciate they will need to provide some warranty, but that seems a bit excessive?

I thought about trying eBay with a £1000 starting price so whatever happens I will either not sell it or get a better price than is being offered by the dealers? I would also be interested to know what the most popular site is as I haven't seen anything on the G3CWI flea-market? 

Phil

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.