Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Slice Highlighting - Feature Idea

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
The panadapter is like having a secret weapon when working split! One suggestion -- could we make the "transmit" slice more obvious? Maybe with a different background or highlight color? I'm getting to be a forgetful guy, and have found myself on more than one occasion forgetting to move the TX to the proper slice, and acting like a lid in the process. Or perhaps a relay closure to the electrodes in my chair will help?
6 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes, the ability to customize transparent TX slice color would be greatly appreciated. Just as any other customizable color/transparency parameters in the display. Flexibility is the key. The display options on PSDR are awesome. I hope that SSDR will follow suit some time soon.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Please don't ask me how often I've transmitted on 20 while listening on 17 and not intended to work split. :-) Something making which slice is transmitting very, very obvious will be a great help to those us following the ancient rule of "Fire, Ready, Aim." when faced with rare DX, something like buck fever for you hunters out there. -- Jim
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    The above comments are another reason I asked about putting a large freq readout window in the bottom border populated with the frequency of the actual open TX slice frequency. Im sure some sort of "improvement" is imminent.
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    This is a good idea! We will take a look at this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.