tx1 tx2 and tx3 stopped working on 3 week old 6600

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
Have a 3 week old Flex 6600 that as of this morning none of the TX relay ports are working.  I know the cables are good as I have tried multiple ones and I know the amp is good as my FTDX5000 is keying the amp as expected.  Same cable that works from the FTDX5000 does not work on either of the TX ports on the 6600.  I have been using Flex Signature Series rigs for 4 years so am very familiar with the radio hardware and the software.  All had been fine for 3 weeks - used the 6600 on Friday night on the WAE RTTY contest and amp keying as expected.  But no longer as of this morning.  I have done a factory reset of the radio,  which did not correct the  issue.  I know that all ports are enabled in the TX setting of the Radio Setup Section.    Any thoughts on this from anyone?  I assume a trouble ticket needs to be created and maybe the rig needs to be looked at.  Thanks for any input, maybe I am missing something - hope that is the case.
Photo of Joe Bales

Joe Bales

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Mark NS9N

Mark NS9N

• 45 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Not sure if your issue is the same as I had but when this happened to me, it was caused by one of my other programs I use to control my station. Don't know why it changed but if I remember correctly one of the digital programs had port controls in it that I never set to off. Worth a look.
Photo of Joe Bales

Joe Bales

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Mark - I did a total shutdown of the computer and restarted and same issue.  Also shutdown computer and used iPhone to connect to the rig and still nothing from the TX1-2-3 ports to key my amp.
Photo of mikeatthebeach .

mikeatthebeach .

• 360 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Try to load a lower version of SmartSDR
Then reset radio and Reload Higher Version
Of SmartSDR and try again

Make sure Tx1 Tx2 Tx3 are not been inhibited
Or Disabled in the Radio Menu

Mike
Photo of Joe Bales

Joe Bales

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Mike.  Just did this and still the TX1 -2 - 3 ports will not key the amp.

I have sent in a trouble ticket.
Photo of mikeatthebeach .

mikeatthebeach .

• 360 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Check your RCA Phono Cable also
73 Mike