Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX with Smart SDR (6400M)

Anatoly Aranovsky
Anatoly Aranovsky Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When I press PTT pedal coonected to radio and talk, both P/CW panel in Smart SDR (on PC) and MIC level indicator in the radio both show correctly level of MIC (which is connected to radio, not PC). When I attempt to TX from SDR and press MOD button, nothing happens. I can activate ATU and TUNE from Smart SDR. Probably my DAX settings are incorrect. What should they be and where to change them?

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    There’s a bit of a discussion here: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-switches-to-mic1-when-using-ptt It references the Maestro, but your problem is the same - physalis PTT implies the local radio mic, MOX on SSDR implies a PC mic. I could not find another better reference I know I had seen, and since I do not operate this way, I have no experience to relate. I’m sure some one will chime in with a solution (or better explanation :-)
  • Anatoly Aranovsky
    edited August 2019
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant regarding PTT (RCA input) and MOD (software button in SmartSDR) in my question...
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    #1  Are you sure the modulation source indicates PC not MIC ?
    #2  In Windows 10 it can be that the security settings inhibit microphone usage without showing this 

• Anatoly Aranovsky
    edited August 2019
    Thank you so much for your advice. I think you are on the right track - when I select PC as a source, it immediately changes back to MIC. Any other settings that I should check?
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Check if the PC has the MIC as the primary source for audio input. If you run WIN 10, look for security settings , somewhere you will find a page where you can allow/block microphone usage for SSDR . That happened 2 times here with club members.

• Anatoly Aranovsky
    edited August 2019
    I am trying to use microphone connected to my radio. Is this the one you meant? Or you were talking about PC microphone (that I do not have)?
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes, i was talking about PC Microphone. There is no reason to use MOX when you are close to the Flex , as you can use the PTT 
  • Anatoly Aranovsky
    edited August 2019
    Yes, I am using the PTT pedal and microphone connected to 6400M. The problem is that I can not transmit from PC station (but can from 6400M). I pefer to use PC station because of the large screen that I use (32") compared to 6400M small screen. Thank you for your help ! 
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I tried on our 6K4 at the club station and there it does work perfectly. It transmits the audio of the directl connected microphone ( selecting MIC as input ) when clicking MOX  ( as well as using VOX ) 

• Anatoly Aranovsky
    edited August 2019
    Understand, probably some of my settings are wrong. My 6400M station works fine. Reception on PC station works fine too. It is transmission on PC station that I cant make work... Do you have 6K4 or 6K4M (like myself)?
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

We have a  6K4 . I assume the Frontpanel should be switched off or the like for this to work, otherwise it may take precendence . If i am not wrong there is some setting also regarding what slice may transmit.But i am not clear on this. 

• Anatoly Aranovsky
    edited August 2019
    I see.

I filed a support request with this question, will keep posted. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate that, Ha Gei...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.