Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX, RX Equalizer V1.11.12

If I turn on the RX EQ it turns off the TX EQ .  And if I turn on the TX EQ it turns off the RX EQ. How do I turn them both on?  Tks, Jim, k4vw

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    What your really doing is toggling between them, both will not turn blue together. So if you want the RX on. select it then turn it on, if you want TX on turn it green and then turn on. They can be both on together.
  • Jim Richardson
    edited February 2019
    I see now.  The RX, TX buttons displays the EQ setting of each.  The ON turns on EQ for both RX and TX.  After playing with it for a while it dawned on me.  Could not find in booK.  TU guys.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes all it is doing is just lighting up the one you want on or off, TX or RX EQ,,but they will not light at the same time.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Basically it is just a graphic indication of the active "piece" you are looking at, once they're both turned on, they both work ..
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!
    '73'
    Jim
    KJ7S
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes, the one that is gray can be on as well if it has been turned on, all you are doing is toggling between them and pressing the on button for on or off. but yes when one is lighted blue, that is the one your turning on or off
  • Jim Richardson
    edited February 2019
    So what I have found out.  If RX is lamp is on you are looking at how the RX is equalized and if the TX is on you are looking at how the TX is equalized and of course you can't look at both at the same time.  If the equalizer lamp is on both EQ are turned on.  Very simple....
    Thanks for all the responce.  Have a very Merry Christmas and 73's  Jim, k4vw
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I think I may be confused so help me out. The RX and TX buttons when blue only allow adjustment of that portion of the Equalizer. When the RX button is blue you can adjust the receive side of the Equalizer.  When the TX button is blue you can adjust the transmit side of the Equalizer. Putting the adjustments aside, the ON button turns on the Equalizer irrespective of the settings of the RX and TX sliders.  Am I right or really mixed up?
    Thanks for the help
    Ken
  • Jim Richardson
    edited February 2019
    You are correct.  Jim, k4vw
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Jim :-)

• Dave VE3VSM
    Dave VE3VSM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Not quite Jim...

If the RX lamp is on and the ON lamp is also on, that tells you RX EQ is on.
    If the TX lamp is on and the ON lamp is also on, that tells you TX EQ is on.

You can turn RX EQ and TX EQ on and off independently, i.e. you can enable one or the other or both or neither.

You can only *see* the on/off state and frequency sliders for one at a time.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Just realized I am using 1.10.16 and you asked about 1.11.12 so there's a possibility they differ.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.