Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Out of Band Locks Radio in TX After Returning to Band

EduardoCarvalho
EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
As I was operating on ARRL DX SSB I accidentally transmitted on the edge of the band at 14.349 MHz, the radio was smart enough to not transmit. I then went back to 14.345 MHz to test the TX and before I would transmit the radio went into TX and got stuck there. 

I could not recover by keying ON and OFF. The only way to recover was to shut down SmartSDR and restart it. There was no need to cycle power on the radio.

Has anybody else seen this? Also, if this is not logged as a defect/bug, can someone please log it in the official system?

Client S/W: v1.10.16.174
H/W S/W: v1.10.16.91

Thank you,

Eduardo Carvalho, KC8R

Comments

• David Brown
    David Brown Member
    edited March 2017
    I did the same thing, but did not have any problems after going  back.  I first thought I had lost the TX but as soon as I went back it transmitted with out any problems.  I know it this does not help you but this was my experience near the bank edge
    Dave
    W7FYW
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I experienced the lock out at the band edge also. After a few seconds of PANIC I realised what was happening. I tuned down below the +-3Khz limit and it recovered on its own. No prolonged lockouts.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Any time you transmit, if it fails, you can place the mouse cursor over the red TX button at the bottom right-hand corner of the SmartSDR for Windows console and it will tell you why the radio isn't transmitting (the interlock fault state)
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank you all for the replies. I will check it out again. Eduardo, KC8R

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.