Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX on two slices different frequencies simultaneously

Carl N8VZ
Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm experiencing a strange problem on my Maestro.  It will transmit on both Slice A and Slice B at the same time, regardless of which Slice has TX activated.  I had a local friend verify this by listening to both frequencies on the 40M band.  It was something like 7.136 and 7.193.  He could hear me -- very weakly -- on both frequencies, though I had the rig set for 100 watts.  I could tell looking at the Po meter that it was putting out about five watts on each slice. I could not figure out how to stop this behavior.  I tried all the obvious things.  I then uninstalled the current software/firmware, and installed a previous version.  Didn't make a difference, so I reinstalled the current version, still no joy.  

I then disconnected the Maestro and powered up my computer and connected it to the rig (6500).  Problem disappeared.  Everything operated FB.  TX Slice was actually TX Slice and no TX on unwanted slice.

Reconnected Maestro.  Same problem reappeared.

I also did a direct connection to the 6500, which had been suggested to solve a previous Maestro problem, but it didn't work this time.  

What in heck could be going on here?  I'm totally stumped.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.  

73 de Carl N8VZ

Comments

• Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The silence here is deafening.  I guess I need to open a support ticket.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Same here. Posted on 2 issues and nothing.
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Is one of your issues the same as mine? Or, totally different?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    No mine are different
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    To be fair, in the past, I’ve often received quick replies here. I think the lack of response means nobody has the foggiest idea what to suggest. I just wish they’d post and say that.
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    FYI: you can submit a request for official support here: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Carl, I have no clue either.  I would open a help ticket.  Very strange.  Check your profiles.
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Jeffrey, I have opened a support ticket. I’ll let everyone know how it goes. 73 de Carl N8VZ
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Yes Carl, please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.