Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX/MIC Profile Changes – all settings are now saved on-the-fly (as settings are changed).

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
Anyone else have mixed emotions about this new function. Have to admit I miss not being able to default my profile setting back. 

Saves a lot of work up front. Jury is out on this one.

Rich
kd0zv

Answers

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Does that apply to max power setting as well?
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    So if I reset to the profile I still have my most recent power/mic settings, not the ones for when the profile was saved?
    de Roger W6VZV
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yea those settings on that band you changed seem to stay. Reloading the TX/MIC does not go back to the profile setting

• Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Would like the choices you had in PowerSDR and not be locked in.  But, that is just me....
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I am undecided :)  Its probably fine. Just different.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The TX Profile “save on the fly” was a good idea. The Mic Profile Version is a little more controversial. I have been testing it for several weeks as an Alpha tester. I didn’t think I would like it, because inadvertent changes can mess things up. But you can export your Mic Profiles and reload one if you mess it up... Overall I think both are improvements, although the Mic Profiles will take some getting used to.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Makes sense.  Be nice to have a checkbox in settings for "Mic Profile Auto Save" and  "TX profile auto Save"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.