Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX meter problem in PowerSdr

Richard Gasparik
Richard Gasparik Member ✭✭

Hi all,

Using Flex-1500 with PowerSdr 2.8 and I have a problem with TX meter. It works randomly…whet I start SW, it doesn’t work. Must TUNE first and than it works…but after several TX it stopped. Anybody have similar problems?

Regards

Richard OK8WW

Comments

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Richard. I'm using PSDR 2.8.57 on a 1500 that KE9NS has written and it works fine here, no problems whatsoever. Check the setup for TX. Good Luck.
  • Richard Gasparik
    Richard Gasparik Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hi Bob,

the same...using 2.8.57...tried to reset default, but still the same...external wattmeter indicate 5W+ out and TX Meter in PowerSDR nothing...

Richard
  • Steve - AK0M
    Steve - AK0M Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Seeing same on mine. New Flex 1500 owner... thought I had a rig problem, so am glad to see it is not a unique issue.

Steve AK0M
  • Steve - AK0M
    Steve - AK0M Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I am running 2.8.0.68. For the few times the meter does show output, it is showing less than actual (often about 50% less).

• Steve - AK0M
    Steve - AK0M Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Tim... Darrin suggested to run this question past you....

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    The FLEX-1500 does not have an SWR bridge, so it cannot measure reflected power or forward power output directly.  The software estimates these values based on a number of different factors.

SWR is only shown when in TUNE mode.

I have not seen the "TUNE first before it works" behavior before.  Not sure what is going on.  You can try loading PowerSDR v2.7.2 and see if there is any difference in the way it operates.
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My 1500 is doing that too. When you tune, the FWD Power will work for a few minutes then again goes dead on TX. It only happens in CW mode. In SSB or Digi it seems to work just fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.