Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Keying lines

Lewis Cheek
Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
Looking for information on the TX keying lines with the Flex-6300, I see from manual RCA jack can sink 140 ma, I don't see specs for line on 9 pin connector.  I need to key my Elecraft KPA500 and switch two additional ( perhaps 3) devices. One device is the DX Engineering RTR-1A, the other is MFJ 1026 and perhaps the 20 VDC power supply used with Pixel Loop. Really love the folks around me with Plasma TV's :)

73's
Lew
N4CO

Answers

• Anthony Bowyer
    Anthony Bowyer Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

From what I can gather, the 6300 only has one key line. If you need several, you may be able to isolate each one with a schottky diode (if what is keyed can handle the drop across them).

If the keyed devices won't key that way, you might be way ahead to key a couple of optoisolators with SSR outputs.  An ASSR-1228 would do nicely. These have two 'switches' each and will switch near 60v at 200ma. Maybe a bit more if that are all DC.

• Neil K2NF
    Neil K2NF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015

There are pin specs in the following document that can be downloaded from the Flex Web Site :

FLEX-6000 SIGNATURE SERIES FLEX-6000 HARDWARE REFERENCE MANUAL
    Version 1.3
    8/15/2014

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.