Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX in digital mode

Terry L Angle
Terry L Angle Member ✭✭
I have a new 6400M I have read about setting up for digital modes. I have downloaded Smart software and placed Slice A & B in a place I can find it. I have set up DAX, CAT, and SDR. Next, I downloaded Fldigi and set up the config. The problem I am having is the 6400m is receiving but will not TX. The TX ready is not green and if I do TX the radio acts like it is TXing but no power going out. I have to change the playback to all the different options given to me and still no TX. Need help

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Terry
    If your digital program is set up correctly then on the left hand side of SmartSDR screen about half way down in the panel that you set the MIC levels in there is a Button called DAX, click this ON to get your FLDIGI to stream audio out of your transmitter. 

IF YOUR RUNNING with the PC MIC then to transmit voice again you will need to turn this button back off they will NOT work at the same time UNFORTUNATELY. 

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • Terry L Angle
    Terry L Angle Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Brat, thanks for your reply. I attached some snip from my computer running SDR v3.1.8. You can see the Dax is mic streaming. You can see the red line for receiving. In the Fldigi I have the Dax Audio TX in the playback On the radio screen I have DAX on channel 1.                       

I also want to know when I have SDR running and a Monitor in HDMI on the radio, which one am I listing too.

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Note that if you use Slice Master to launch fldigi (or any of the other supported digimode program), Slice Master will manage the DAX button for you.  So it will at least appear as if you can do both at the same time.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.