Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Enable Stuck On

Options
Joe N3HEE
Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I had issues again with TX enable getting stuck on this weekend in ARRL CW Sweepstakes contest.  It happened randomly four times.  Twice I had to restart the radio to correct the problem.  Twice I was able to send a few CW dits with my paddle to correct the problem. 

I paid closer attention this time to see what is causing this to happen.  It seems to only occur (randomly) when I use my CW paddle to send fills while completing a contact.  I rarely use my paddle during a contest.

This issue started happening when I went to 2.5.1.  I operated over 25 contests last year using 2.4.9 without this issue.  Nothing else has changed in the shack.  

The panadapters in SSDR also froze up on me during the contest.  The radio was working fine but the panadapters were frozen.  I could get them to temporarily work again by tuning the radio using N1MM tuning controls.  I finally had to restart the radio again to fix this issue.

I have opened a ticket with Flex.

Anyone else seeing these issues ?

Comments

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Response from Flex support team.

"We are aware of this issue and it is already in our bug tracker as defect number G7684.  The team is working on it.  Hopefully, it will be in the next release of SmartSDR.  It does look like it was introduced after 2.4.9.  Using v2.4.9 for upcoming contests before the issue is fixed would be a temporary workaround."
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I noticed this "sticky" thing, it was a confusion between the logging program and then built-in keyer. To get out of this I needed to do a short transmission from the logging program, and it magically got back to normal. So when this happened, tapping "E" on the keyboard (and made sure CW k/b had focus) and the RX was back again
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Which logging program are you using ?  I am using N1MM+.  Sometimes I can make it release the TX and sometimes not.  Flex knows about it and will fix hopefully in next release.
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I also use N1MM but have seen this issue with DX4Win too. If I recall correct you may somtimes have to do it the other way round, i.e. tap the keyer to release. Depends on which got it stuck to start with :) Never did any serious debugging, but think if the radio is in TX and you are using the logprogram to key, and tap your "normal" keyer (or vice versa) it may get stuck, and you have to give that extra dot (or dash) to get back to normal. I'm sure you figure this out, and that Flex get it sorted out in the next release.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I saw it once during CWSS running a 6700, SSDR 2.4.9.115, N1MM+ (using the CAT Winkeyer) and PGXL. Only happened once. Didn't take notes on what triggered and what cleared it.

I wonder if RF is getting in the wrong places since I rerouted all the cabling for the PGXL, so I'm going back to clean up cables.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Flex is aware of the issue and will release a bug fix for it.  I was also thinking it was RF getting into the radio but I never had an issue with 2.4.9.  It happened 4 time during CWSS.  Each time I was using the paddle to send fills.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.