Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tx Band Setting Chart

Tom W3FRG
Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
I finally got around to purchasing Ver 3.
Starting fresh, I created 8 new Profiles for using my Amp and set up the "Tx band Settings" Table.
When I turned on the radio today only 4 of the settings, check marks, appeared in the "Tx band Settings" Table.

As I selected another Band then another Tx Setting appeared on the Table.
It wasn't until I had sequentially selected all of my profiles that all of the check marks appeared for the 8 Bands chosen to appear on the "Tx Band Setting" Table.
Shouldn't they all appear regardless of what Profile(s) are first selected?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom W3FRG

Answers

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Tom, you would think that Tx Band Setting would work and stay set, but I have given up on relying on it as it seems to change from my settings every time I look at it. It seems to get over-ridden when you make changes to the profiles. I absolutely hate this about the new Flex SSDR. I am loosing hope that Flex will ever fix this mess.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Gary
    If and when FRS fixes the "SAVE Profile" debacle, this could be the time bomb waiting to destroy your amp.
    Have to keep checking every setting before you key the Amp, unfortunately.
    I think if the "Tx Band Setting" table is to stay with SSDR, it needs to be expanded, or be expandable, so that it can collect all modes and power levels on a particular band.
    Another nightmare!

Tom W3FRG

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I agree, so what I am forced to do is set a max power output for the entire Flex. That stays put. Yes it is a huge PITA but I would rather have that than an amp issue (even though it is protected).
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Gary, this problem has been very well documented and Eric opened a discussion about this a little while ago getting all the feed back they need to understand what needs to change and why.

No need to give up hope of a reselution. I'm sure everyone understands that changes will not be made till the next release. They are working on this.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    And, we all anxiously await the release of that upgrade.
    Hopefully, it does what we all need and require and isn't full of other little surprises as Auto Save was when it was found out.

73 Tom W3FRG
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Have a 6600 and am working on Tx Band Setting Chart for the first time and have a question. The answer may be obvious but just want to be sure. In the column marked RF Power, the manual says: “The RF Power output setting.  Sets the output power for typical transmissions”.

So you put the power you want the 6600 to put out to drive the amp in this column, correct??

Secondly, I am using TX1 port on the rear panel to key my amp, so that is the  only column that needs to be checked, yes??

Tnx & 73 
    Paul
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    This problem has been Extremely annoying. Almost everytime I go to a band and need my amp to work this bug bites me. Is there any workaround to make RCA TX1 work everytime?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Are you using any third party software? DDUtil can override TX Band Settings if settings in DDUtil are not set correctly.

just a thought.

dave wo2x
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Dave,

Yes, I use DDUtil version 4.0.1.09 to control my Palstar AT-Auto and CX-Auto.   I looked around and thought that the autodrive tab could be useful for that but I am not sure how to set it up? Is that what you use for a workaround? Please advise. THANK YOU! 73
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited November 2019
    Hi Dan

t9morrow I will post my DDUtil settings. You will need to be using DDUtil version 4 for compatibility with SmartSDR 2.6.1 or 3.x.x

Dave wo2x
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Dave,  I upgraded to 4.0.1.09 DDUtil    What is the magic checkbox to make RCA TX1 work all the time on all bands? TX Band Settings has a mind of it's own.
    TIA!  Happy Thanksgiving!

73 de Dan KG0AQ
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited November 2019
    Hi Dan I’m in Philly today at the hospital. I will email you when I get home later. Is your email address on QRZ OK? Dave wo2x
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yes, I am good on QRZ Dave. NO hurry

Thanks 73
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    BIG Thanks to Dave for steering me to the DDutil workaround for the TX Band Setting Chart issue! For those using DDutil the Autodrive feature is the ticket.

http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=AutoDrive

73 All Happy Thanksgiving!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.