Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

tx audio in powered speakers

Just got my new 6400 and got it hooked up on the air.  Worked 7 of the 13 colonies in about 30 minutes...its like shooting fish in a barrel with the Flex!!!  I'm using a pair of Bose Companion 2 powered speakers.  I am hearing my TX audio in the powered speakers when transmitting...I never had this problem with my Flex 3000 or 6300 and these same speakers.  I've added ferrite cores to both ends of the speaker cables with no change in it...  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks & 73,
Chris W4CDK

Answers

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ferrites on the power cables, and if you are still getting tx audio, you might want to open the speakers or amplifier section up and pop in some bypass caps in the power feed. 
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Double check and make sure that the MON (monitor function is disabled)  should be grey

enjoy the new rig had mine just over a month , coming from a Flex 3000 and really enjoying the new rig. 
  • Chris Knight
    Chris Knight Member
    edited June 2020
    Whats really odd is I never had this problem on my 3000 or 6300 with the same speakers.  I'll try ferrite on power cable of speakers. I did put the 6400 in a different location than the other two radios were so maybe in a proximity thing. 

Where is the MON feature on the Maestro?  I didn't state that earlier, but I'm not using PC for control, using the Maestro...its new to me also never had one on the 6300
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    You have changed your shack arrangement and placements. It sounds much like a proximity issue.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If you have the Bose Companion speakers hooked up to both the rig and computer, you likely have a ground loop problem. This can be solved with a simple ground loop isolator available at Amazon, or from many automotive audio shops. Since it is at low levels, you can use an inexpensive one that is about $10 US. You should only need it on either the rig or computer. Not both. I have mine on the rig side. It might solve the problem even if you only have the rig connected to the speakers. Ken - NM9P
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Press mic gain knob to display Mon, Proc, level, etc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.