Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Two Tone signal input ?

13»

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Larry, what does your flex level meter show?  Trying to figure out how hard you are driving the flex.  I have installed the iBox and am still getting bumps although not quite as bad. No where as good as yours.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    The level meter gain is right up to  0 db without going over.  
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Thanks Larry.  I just put a post on the Yahoo group.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
  • Mark - W6MSB
    Mark - W6MSB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I finally made it to the top of the list and my LP-700 order will go in tomorrow. Any update on best practices for interfacing the 2 tone generator to my 6700?

Mark
    W6MSB

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Mark, I would order a iBox from Julius and cut to the chase. For a clean two tone signal you need to isolate the LP500/700 from the Flex.  You will likely need to adjust the level as well. The iBox does both.

If that does not do it, you might have to mess with the power supply ground if you have an Astron but I think it most cases the iBox will do it.

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Did you change the input selection to not use the balanced mic when you use the 2 tone signal?
  • Cecil- W4CM
    Cecil- W4CM Member
    edited November 2018
    Hello Larry.
    I also am battling the hum and low level on my 6300.
    Can you send any drawings of your transformer connections ?
    Where do you have the EG settings ?
    I find the mike control has no affect on the level on pin 1.
    Thanks,
    Cecil-W4CM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.