Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Two NIC on laptop and Open VPN how to connect to Maestro?

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in Maestro
Following some hints to use laptop with USB 3 to LAN to feed internet into laptop and then connecting Maestro to laptop through backpanel ethernet I get no connection with Open VPN client to 4G router with built in Open VPN server connected directly to 6300. Using only SDR (not Maetsro) from PC I get a short connection and then all freezes. I have checked the routing table and looks OK. But uncertain if all OK when USB 3 to LAN adapter and backpanel NUC have same metric value for "0.0.0.0.0" IP adress. Pingin from PC to 4G router works fine. And I have different subnets 10.01. X.X for 6300 and 192.168.1.x for PC. Good bandwith on 4G as well. Any network geek out there to guide me in this troubleshooting? I wonder if the problem is with adress conflicts between both NICs?

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This sounds like the problem I had with the built in VPN on my routers.  ASUS is researching a solution for this now.  Try SSDR Ver 2.2.8 and see if it works... If so you are  caught in the Full Ethernet frame problem some are experiencing after Flex went to transmitting full Ethernet packet frames (1518 bytes) with 2.3.9 firmware.

Just a thought.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    HA!  I see I got caught  :).  The original post is 2 years old and the Community is being hit with 3rd party non related postings this morning.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.