Two Flex 6700's and One Computer

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Are there any known issues or setup/operating tips for running two Flex 6700's on a single computer?  One would be for HF station using DDUtil interface and one would be for VHF/UHF.  Both 6700's would be using DAX functionality.

They would not be run at the same time as I believe there is currently no way to run two instances of SmartSDR on the same PC at the same time.

John K3MA
Photo of John-K3MA

John-K3MA

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 480 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
The two radios will appear in the 'Chooser' opening screen and you select the one you want and hit the Connect button. That part is by design of having radios that are also servers.

I am not sure you cannot run 2 instances of SmarSDR as I haven't tried it. If it was to work, you would  need to install it in 2 different directories, like PowerSDR/ Try it and see if it works , as I said, I do not know! Tim will probably report shortly on that however.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3503 Reply Likes
This article describes how to use a filter file to "force" one 6000 to associate with any API based application (CAT, DAX, SmartSDR-Win, etc..).  If you want to switch between two 6000, you will need to use a batch file or windows scripting to change the filter file before starting the applications.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202549169-How-to-prevent-multiple-FLEX-6000s-from-s...
(Edited)
Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 480 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
I was looking for that  article just as you posted it! Thanks for the link, I shall keep it in my personal library of PDFs.