Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Turning down the volume on the hiding slice

W B McCarty
W B McCarty Member
edited June 2019 in New Ideas
Sometimes I have multiple slices set to use audio. If the slices are mostly quiet that works pretty well. BUT if several of the slices become busy at the same time it can be hard to hear any of them. And individually turning off each one can be tedious--especially tedious if some hold-out slice is hiding far to the or right on some radio panel to which you're currently paying little attention.

To resolve this, I'd like to propose a Ctrl + Right-Click action on the speaker icon of a slice, that turns on the audio of that slice (or leaves it alone if it's already on) AND turns OFF the audio of every other slice on every other panel. This would occasionally save me a good deal of time and a generous helping of frustration, as well.

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    FRStacks includes the ability to auto-mute the nonactive slices when you activate a different slice it will unmute that slice and mute the others. You can manually unmute additional slices if you want to be able to hear those too.

It can be downloaded here ...
    http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    When I did the RTTY RU this past weekend I N1MM setup in SO2R mode and it would mute the unused slice, I'm not sure if it was N1MM or the fact that I had FDX turned on, maybe Chris or someone else has a better answer since I'm not at my radio.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Squelch needed.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This isn't entirely a squelch issue although I wholeheartedly agree that Squelch is needed.  Its been far to long to go without an industry standard function that is found on all other radios.  This is especially important when one has invested in a radio that supports 8 receivers.   Although FRStacks does provide a solution of sorts, it is just one more application to have on the desktop and to have to bring up and manipulate when the solution should in fact reside within SmartSDR.  Just my 2 cents....
  • Alex_KM5YT
    Alex_KM5YT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yes!  a relatively simple mod imho.  Also agree with squelch - to keep noise and attendant fatigue down.
    Alex/KM5YT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.