Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Turn off 6600M display?

Options
Wayne W5GIE
Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
Should I try to turn down the display on my 6600M?  I normally operate the radio from a desktop in another room.  I have a huge amount of RFI from a neighbor's solar panels, so the display is quite bright even with the display gain at about 30.
Even better would be a way to pretty much switch off the display when operating remotely.
Is this something I should worry about with the display?
Thanks
Wayne W5GIE

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I asked this early on with my 6600M but Flex claimed that it was not problem with the display being left on for many years, I have seen only one person on the community that has had display issues that I can remember since the 6600M came out.

I myself really wish there was a switch to turn OFF the display as I also 90% of the time run remote and don't need a  very expensive night light. 
    It would be nice to have the screen saver time out after even a hour of none use would be much better then leaving it on all the time.

just my 2 cents.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    A way to turn the display off or a screen saver would be nice yes. But leaving the display on all the time does not cause a problem and won't harm anything.
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks.   I'll not worry about it too much then.  
    Sometime when I remotely turn it on, it powers up with the startup screen and at other times it powers on to a previous waterfall and slice.  

I wish it would come up every time with the startup screen to simplify things.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.