Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuning indicator on CW to center signal in the passband

K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
With the K3, as I tune over a CW signal, there is an indicator on the screen that allows me to center the signal within the filter bandwith; thus, when I narrow the filter down to eliminate qrm, I do not lose the signal that I am listening to. It would be helpful if the same capability were within Smart SDR. It is frustrating to narrow the bandwidth and lose the signal.
6 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Even better is the spot button in PowerSDR, perhaps this will be added to SmartSDR in the future. Jim K4JAF
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The FTDX9000 has a nice visual tuning bar indicator using LEDs. It would be really a nice feature to simulate. Click the link for a short (10 second) video showing how it works. http://www.nn4zz.com/video/cw tuning.wmv
  • Steven Greenbaum
    Steven Greenbaum Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    The 5000 has an auto tune for cw signals..... one would hope that this will also be implemented on the 6xxx series.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I said spot button but auto tune button is correct. I agree, hope it is implemented in the near future. Jim K4JAF
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I really like the "0 beat" button on my 1500 and hope it gets incorporated eventually into the 6500. But perfecting QSK should come first.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    one strategy i have tried is to tap the paddle, and listen to my sidetone pitch; then, tune the station to the same pitch...of course, i'm NOT using semi-break in.. my 2 cents, 73, W5XZ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This seems like a reasonable feature to add. Please keep discussing how you might like to see it implemented.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    the 'zeo beat' button in PowerSDR worked well; maybe in the Transmit control panel?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I like the 0 beat button on PowerSDR. The only problem I have had with it is that on slow weak CW signals with multiple signals in the bandpass it would sometimes get confused as to which signal it was zeroing to. Other than that, it is the simplest and, perhaps best option.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.