Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TUNE button not working

Dale
Dale Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in Maestro
Pressing the TUNE button causes the radio (6400) to go into transmit mode, but produces no power out. I've checked the slider to be sure it's set to produce power out. This all started when I inadvertently pressed TUNE when I was out of band on 17M. The TUNE button locked in transmit (RED, but producing 0 watts out). I finally had to shut the Maestro down and even after starting it up again the button remained red. Pressing it did nothing. I finally got it out of an indicated transmit, but it hasn't worked since. It'll put the RT in XMIT, but no pwr. The Maestro is new and has the latest software update, 3.0.19.46 and the radio is also new with the latest software, 3.0.19.119. The radio works normally when using SmartSDR for Windows and on a hunch I downgraded the software update on the Maestro to the earlier version, 2.4.9 I think, and everything worked normally. Reloading 3.0.19.46 put me right back to the same problem. Thoughts. I'm really new at this and so far love the radio, but...….

Comments

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'd reset the radio on the radio's power switch. Hold the power switch down until it glows white instead of green. Then it will reset and boot up. Let us know if this works.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    One thing comes to mind.  Inside your Frequency Flag, make sure your red and blue antenna connections are properly selected (ANT 1 or 2), not XVTR.  (And obviously make sure antenna is connected which ever ANT port you select.)
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    Hi Dale

You have 2 good comments posted.  If you can post a screen shot of the Maestro, that would really help too.

Mike
  • Dale
    Dale Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks to Michael, N3LI, who suggested a master reset on the radio. That did the trick and it's back to working normally as far as I can tell. Big thanks. I think I'm gonna like this Flex community and I'm blown over by the radio. 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    I suspect that we could have figured it out with a screen shot.

Have a look at Global Profiles and make sure you save one that you can always go back to.  

Have fun with it!!
  • Dale
    Dale Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'll do that. Thanks
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    WhooHoo! Glad to help.
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited June 2019
    Also save the global profile to and external thumb device. So when you need to go nuclear and do a master reset it is easier.

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    One of the things that I got used to with the Flex is that the devices are more computer than radio, and are subject to computer type issues, such as reboots and needed resets. And Windows 10 updates occasionally create issues. All pretty easily fixed.  That being said, I won't own anything else at this point. I use either SSDR or Maestro, depending on what I'm doing at the moment. Guess I'm a bit of a cheerleader.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.