Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Trying to get the VARI to work with my MMVARI rtty program

videorov
videorov Member
edited December 2015 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I have it receiving  but can't get it to transmit. I don't seem to be getting the audio from
the program over to the Flex 5000. If I turn on the VOX on the Flex it goes off when I
push the VARC button to receive rtty.
I must have something not right somewhere since I can't transmit the audio from
the MMVARI program.

Receives great so Im almost there:)

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    It should work just like other digital mode software .  Do you have other digital mode software where the PTT is working and audio tones are transmitted by the Flex ?  Also, make sure the VAC icon in PowerSDR is active. 

• Andrew O'Brien
    edited December 2015
    See this video I just made.  Make sure the PTT check box is checked in the Radio Command area.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6XsoMRqvHI&hd=1

• videorov
    videorov Member
    edited December 2015
    I only have a one com port 1 in my device manger right now.
    No audio in your video but I watched it but Im still not able to transmit.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited December 2015
    There is audio, from the Flex.  What do you mean you have only ONE comm port ?  For an application like digital mode software to activate your PowerSDR software and switch the Flex in to TX mode when you press TRANSMIT (e.g. in MMVARI) , you need ONE port for PowerSDR and another port for the digital mode software.  Most people use virtual serial port software where you can "pair" the two ports.
  • videorov
    videorov Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes looks like I need to the VSPM program. I have it here from K5FR he sent me.
    That I guess is the control program to control the ports.
    Will have to learn how to use it:)

• videorov
    videorov Member
    edited December 2015
    I have it working and yes I have the VSPM program to control the PTT line now.
    The Flex5000 is working great now for Digital modes. MMVARI is a great progam
    and have used it in the past on a TS2000. Its easy to use with its mem buffers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.