Trying to get CW skimmer to work with Smart SDR and Flex 6400M

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
I have looked through numerous posts on this forum and also googled various sources and I have still not been successful in getting CW Skimmer to work.  I have tried it with and without Slicemaster to no avail.  Could someone please tell me their settings for this program?  It doesn't have that many settings and I've tried about everything.  I must be missing something simple.  I have gotten the program to correctly display frequency, but when it scans it does not show CW even when a strong CW signal is on frequency.  All help welcome.

de Roger W6VZV
Photo of Roger,  W6VZV

Roger, W6VZV

• 263 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 352 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
How do you have your launch tab set??
Photo of Roger,  W6VZV

Roger, W6VZV

• 263 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
I've tried all three ways.  
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 352 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
On the correct slice??? And is DAX set to that slice.... it was super easy to set up here and works like a charm with Slicemaster
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 352 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
In Slice Master
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 352 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
How is your DAX set in Flex??
Photo of Roger,  W6VZV

Roger, W6VZV

• 263 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
I am using Com 8 which is not used for any other program.  Incidentally, I am presently running WSJT-X and DM780 with no problems, although I was not running them when trying to run CW Skimmer.  Could someone please just give me settings that worked for that person?
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 30 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Also look at your task manager and make sure you done have any zombie skimmer sessions running.
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 56 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

here are my settings

Photo of bahillen

bahillen

• 162 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes
Roger,
If you open the call station list are any stations showing up? If yes it is just the waterfall. Make sure the DAX data setting and the Skimmer data rate settings are the same. I suggest starting with 48,000. Make sure the DAX channel is blue and streaming on the Slice you are using.

With SmartSDR running close DAX and start it again. Mine hangs up some times. Don’t hesitate to reboot computer.

I use SliceMaster exclusively and it sets everything up fine. To make all the correct settings would seem to be a pain.

I have had trouble with the high requirement on computer as it takes a lot of CPU.

There is a button the task bar at the topeft that starts and stops the waterfall. Try that.

Bill W9JJB
Photo of Roger,  W6VZV

Roger, W6VZV

• 263 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
A lot of good info here folks.  Thank you all.  I will report back later.
de Roger W6VZV