Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Trying to download v1.9.7

Corey/ KC0YNS
Corey/ KC0YNS Member
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Trying to download v1.9.7 on to my Win 7 machine several times, Keep getting "The setup files are corrupted error

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    If you have anti virus software running you might try disabling it until get the download..

AL, K0VM
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited March 2017
    When looking at the installer SmartSDR 1.9.7 Installer properties box I'm not seeing a Digital Signature. Is that just a confirmation that the program hasn't download successfully?

I've deleted and tried twice, Rebooted the Window 7 machine once,

What am I failing to do?     
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2016
    I'll try that, Haven't ever had to in past updates...But maybe the Anti-Virus made changes...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The installer has a valid digital signature.  If you are getting errors to the contrary, then your root certificate is out of date and you need to run Windows Update. If that does not work, then you have a PC specific issue that is preventing the root certificate from being updated.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Great 1.9.7 is out and my radio is going back to the shop for 2nd time cpu fan failure. Must be a bad batch of fans!
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2016
    That didn't work.....I'm checking windows updates now as Tim suggested. It was last updated about three weeks ago....Thanks 
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2016
    Doing that now, It was last updated about three weeks ago...Running a total scan...Will, let you know after It finishes...
  • IK6DLK Fabrizio
    edited December 2018
    Downloaded SmartSDR_v1.9.7_Installer only 24,9 MB.
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited April 2017
    That's about what mine looked like....Somewhere around 24 MB  ,

Did your download work?   
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2016
    did yours download? 
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    I have just completed 4 download 4 different
    (1 Vista, 2 New window 10, 1 original Windows 10)
    systems using My Cable Connection, My Neighbors Phone connection (we have an agreement)  and my AT&T Cellphone as hot spot all 100% and did install.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Necessary to wait a bit - too many requests for download or you ISP have a timeout issue I have downloaded yesterday when just appeared statement on site - all works superb
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2016
    Haven't had time to work on this, But it's over my ability to figure out how to fix it. updating windows didn't fix anything... I'm guessing that my root directory is messed up and that's preventing the Digital signature. I'll live with the older Software until I'm successful in finding someone who can Team-view into my machine.  Thanks for everyone's help.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Google "root certificate update problems on Windows".  For your particular OS, there will be instructions on how to fix it.  On Win7 it takes a hotfix.
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Tim it is indeed Window 7 , what is a Hot fix?
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I have the same problem as the original poster. I got the error "the setup files are corrupted". I disabled my Avast security and completed another download. I thought all was ok but when I started v1.9 after the 6500 update which did seem to complete this time "smartcat" shows the icon but will not start and Dax states a driver error. I removed all files to try again tonite. My setup: Flex 6500 and win 10 with updates complete, I know the original poster had win 7. Just checking to see how the original problem was resolved? Never had any issues before as all updates went very smooth after previous versions were removed per instructions. Any help would be much appreciated. Don't know if I need to do a factory reset on 6500 or not? Thanks and 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Was Avast running when you installed SmartSDR? 

Did you re- enable Avast before starting / running SmartSDR?
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2016
    Finally got mine downloaded. It took numerous attempts . Each time I'd get more MB of the file, after about 6/7 times it all loaded... I've never seen any think like that before. Maybe it's due to our show 1.5 MB service... Centurytel just ran fiber past my house, unfortunately they aren't bringing it all the way to the house. So best I can get is up to 40 MB, Which will be smoking compared to what I've got now... Thanks everyone for the help!!!
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Tim, Thanks for responding, I did re-enable avast before installation and it was enabled when starting smartsdr. Do I need to dis-able through the whole process? The reason I know it was enabled is because I had it set to re-enable at the computer restart which if I remember correctly I did before install and starting. Thanks Corey, hopefully I'll have this complete tonight. Thanks, Joe WD5Y
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Joe - these third-party security suites like Avast can play havoc on SmartSDR due to the nature of the radio discovery protocol and how the executables interact with the network.  These suites can falsely identify the components of SmartSDR as malicious when they are benign.

I would disable All of Avast temporarily to see if that is the cause of the issues.  If that works, then you at least know where to start making changes to whitelist SmartSDR, CAT and DAX. 
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Ok, I will try that. Do I need to perform a factory reset on the flex? I will have to reload software anyway because I uninstalled last night as well. It appeared to update correctly so hopefully only playing havoc with the PC side of things. Thanks, Joe WD5Y
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Just change one thing at a time, so leave everything as is and just turn off AVAST.  If that doesn't make a difference, then with Avast off, uninstall SmartSDR (answer "no" to the question about removing the DAX drivers).  Then redownload the SmartSDR v1.9.7 installer and run it.

There is no need to do a factory reset on the radio.  I think the database is in fine shape.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Tim,
    I tried everything you listed but I still can not get "smartcat" to start. I even tried to go back and install the previous version and the same thing happens. Not sure on this one as it was working great before I uninstalled the previous version and installed 1.9. I do remember when I first started 1.9 "smartcat" was showing in the taskbar as started. Something in win 10 I believe is doing this but not sure. Avast is offline completely. I double click on the smartcat icon and the mouse pointer scrolls abit and stops with no start. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Joe
    WD5Y
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Tim,
    Finally got it, looked at the programs running (loaded) and never saw the Flex VSP file, loaded manually and all seems ok. VSP and DAX may not auto start when PC started up, I am working on this now. Not sure as I downloaded many times but every time win 10 loacked out Flex VSP.

73's,
    Joe
    WD5Y

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Time to open a HelpDesk ticket so we can dig into this deeper.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Tim, It seems to be working fine, not sure why the VSP file did not load. I did uninstall it along with the previous flex files as many times before when upgrading. I just took it for granted it re-loaded as before. I know it was not the Avast software because I re-enabled it before the new download and install, just had to manually install the VSP file this time. I have batch files to launch my programs so I setup the cat and Dax files in them for launch at flex startup. I have a separate batch for local (@pc) and remote. I believe Windows 10 was behind this issue for some odd reason, I know I'll remember to check for the VSP file next time as it took two long days to find the problem. Thanks and 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    That is excellent news that you got it figured out.  Windows is a fickle beast.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.