Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Trying to config HRD

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Any Idea?.....I guess I'm missing something

Thanks.....And Happy Independence day !!

George
YV5WZ

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Create a dedicated virtual port in smartsdr cat and connect to that port in hrd  everything else looks good. I connect at 115,200.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    George
    In HRD try using TS-2000 rig selection and see if it works better
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Great!!!!!....Thanks Larry....I did as you suggested.....Wonderful.....Happy Independence Day for you.......I'm trying to contact 13 colonies from here....I got 9...now I go for 10....

Thank you!!

George
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Elmer.....I did as Larry suggested.....and work great!!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    First there i find that is no real good reason to legacy technology clutter up your control interface with HRD so I never run it.

On the other hand, I really like HRD Logger which you can use without the clutter of HRD

I would strongly suggest that you avoid CAT and serial,ports whenever you can because the world is quickly moving to TCP/IP control at 1Gb/s which is a heck of a lot faster that Serial at 115kb/s. HRD logger is no exception to this modern radio trend.

I use DDUTIL Middleware to provide the TCP/IP connection

Then I connect inside Logger as follows

The end result is a connection 10,000 times faster and much more likely to survive the inevitable death of serial CAT. BTW. Pardon the clutter if my screen shots. They were taken remotely on my iPad from Prague.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you Elmer!!...your advises are always very welcome ....I will try it....and let you now.....Prague??.....well enjoy that wonderful city
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I agree with the suggestion if you are using DDU and running HRD v6 or later. I do not find consistent success using the DDU mini-deluxe function with v5 and before. You also have to make sure that DDU is always running and, for some reason, it seems many of my customers exit it. Then you have no CAT.

The reason I did not suggest the dedicated virtual com port feature of CAT is that I find this, historically, to be error-prone after later reboots. I would suggest using as little of the SDR CAT functionality as possible (I usually try to stay with PTT ports since there is no alternative to it).

• W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Just use Power-SDR instead of Smart-SDR in HRD-6...I also found that I got the same thing with HRD.  It would not read freq. etc. However, if you choose Power-SDR instead of Smart-SDR, it will work just fine...At least that has been my experience...Has been thus on all of my computers.  de W3DCB Daniel
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Here is what I see.  In the original example, there is a COM4 listed as an existing hardware or virtual com port.  I suspect that it is conflicting with the COM4<> COM14 port pair you are trying to use.

Create a new DEDICATED CAT port (it may be COM6<>COM16) and then use the lower numbered port in the HRD setup (COM6 in my example).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.