Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Trouble with DL8MRE SmartSDR iOS after iPhone update 12.2

DrJ
DrJ Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
iPhone SmartSDR app no longer works since iPhone update to 12.2. Coincidence or not? Either way I need help in getting it working again. The app boots up but while it appears to connect no slice shows up, and no radio connection is there. In fact when I try to “Dis” (disconnect) that does not work. Nothing works even though a blank and non functioning panadapter shows up but I can’t “control” anything, no slice can be activated , nothing. My only change was the iPhone update from 12.1.4 to 12.2 yesterday. I rebooted my iPhone of course. Nothing. I am up to date on SmartSDR for iOS as well. Any help is appreciated ! Keith KJ8DO

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019

I would try deleting the app and reinstalling.
  • NA0B
    NA0B Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Keith,   SmartSDR app works fine in my iPhone and my iPad running 12.2.

• NA0B
    NA0B Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Also, If you have a VPN running on the phone, you might want to turn it off
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I just got home and tried to boot up my actual home QTH Flex 6700 with v 2.9.115 (haven't yet updated to v3), and while it 'boots up' the radio is also not controllable.   So I rebooted my actual 6700 AND my Windows computer, and still nothing.  I plan to upgrade and install the new v3 and see if that works.   fyi, I also tried turning off vpn, and tried in both standard LAN, WAN , etc.   Something with my home Windows machine not connecting to my actual 6700 apparetly.  Wish me luck....lol

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Make sure the Nic card on your computer is not set to Public. Also, there is no v2.9.115 of SmartSDR.
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Have you contacted Marcus, DL8MRE? He is very responsive and you can contact him directly via the APP. GL Winston
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks. I mistyped. Sorry.
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Update. I rebooted my 6700 itself, plus rebooted Windows at the radio location. But it wasn’t until I deleted and reinstalled SmartSDR for IPhone did the problem correct itself. I still am a huge fan of DL8MRE’s iOS programs for SmartSDR and will continue to use them all. But still not sure what did this. I still think it was the recent iPhone update to 12.2. The world may never know. Thanks everyone !

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.