Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Travelling Germany / Greece : band Limits

Herby
Herby Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I keep travelling between Germany, Greece and other countries with my FlexRadio. How can I switch band limits?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016

Perhaps on version 3.0 there will be a countries tab.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ask your dealer for the TURF file for each of the countries
  • Herby
    Herby Member
    edited April 2020
    Why are these TURF files not available as downloads? Please send me one for Greece, Austria and Italy.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ask your dealer
  • Andreas Junge
    Andreas Junge Member
    edited April 2019
    There is a "Region" button in the "Radio" tab. What's is that for? It has a "Change" button.

73, Andreas, N6NU

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What TURF file you have now? And what are the differ between yours and EU?
    73 Chris
  • Herby
    Herby Member
    edited January 2019
    I have a German TURF file I suppose, since I bought the radio from a German dealer. Band limits are NOT the same all over EU. I don't understand why this is kept such a secret and is handled so complicated.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    It's worth checking, Herby. I bought my 6500 from a UK dealer but I had to contact FRS to get the regional TURF file....though it is just that, regional.... Not sure how it would discriminate between Germany, Belgium etc
  • Herby
    Herby Member
    edited May 2016
    The "dealer" hint is not very helpful and not very customer friendly since I am in Greece not and my dealer is in Germany. Strange.

• Herby
    Herby Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi Paul, how did you manage to get regional TURF files?

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Me too! My 6500 had a US TURF file, notwithstanding that I bought it from an official UK dealer. An email to support got me the appropriate UK file. David G4NRT
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi Herby. What I mean by 'regional' is that I think the turf file is valid for a group of countries in Europe...I don't think that mine is specific to the UK. I emailed FRS to get mine.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    The Region button allows you to load a TURF file for a specific region. TURF Files are required by local licensing authorities to ensure compliance with their regulations. This is a pretty standard approach for most commercial radio products capable of being used over a large bandwidth.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    TURF Files are required by local licensing authorities to ensure compliance with their regulations. This is a pretty standard requirement for most commercial radio products capable of being used over a large bandwidth. In most cases local licensing authorities will not allow radios to be sold without TURF file restrictions. Your German Dealer or Flex can get u the TURF files you need.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited December 2016
    Mine is EU02 and I'm in the UK, is that correct? I had simply presumed the UK dealer would make sure it was all correct before shipping.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Rob, I'll check mine when I get home, but I think EU02 is what I'm on.  Mine was shipped (from a dealer in UK) with the US TURF...  Paul M0CVX
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited December 2016
    Cheers Paul it would be good to know it's correct.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Yep, just checked, it is EU02.  Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.