Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverters--what are they and how do I get me some?...

Mike Agnew
Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
I would like to learn about transverters, what they are, how to use them, and specifically how and which ones I can attach to the 6300.  Noob question, I know.  Thanks.

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Transverter stands for transceive-converter, it is a device that converts your signal from one band to another.. For example a 28/144 transverter converts your signal from 10 meters to two meters. There are many companies that produce them now, or did in the past, such as microwave modules, Downeaster microwave, and others. You can Google for more links. Your technical manual should describe how to hook them up to the 6300. Essentially you hook a two meter antenna to the transverter, then transverter will connect to the antenna and transverter output ports of the 6300. There may also be a ptt line for TX/RX switching control.
  • Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Would I be able to operate 2m on my Flex with a transverter?

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Yes. However you will need to wait until version 1.4 to use FM
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    In the mean time there is plenty of SSB on 2m :-)
  • W4TMW
    W4TMW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Mike, I use an Elecraft 2M transverter (XVTR) and high pwr amp in SSB, CW modes, with my F6300 all the time. However, be aware that the '6300 is not capable of FM at this time. If that's what you would like to do, that capability is on it's way soon.   Also, it was very easy to setup and get operational. - Tom
  • Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Does anybody know if there will be DTSS, CTCSS and all of the other features that would make it a full-fledged replacement for my 2m HT?
  • Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Anyone?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.