Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverters from http://transverters-store.com/ and the Flex 6500

W3EX -- Tom
W3EX -- Tom Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I need some help hooking up the 144 MHz transverter from http://transverters-store.com/.

What are the connections between the transverter and the 6500? Not sure which ports get used on the 6500.

I bought it with the attenuator board. Is that to be used with the 6500?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Shouldn't need the attenuators if you're connecting to the XVTR port. One cable there, and a PTT line, and you should be in business.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    The attenuator board is not needed if you use the 6000 series XVTR output to the transverter which connects to pins 1 & 2. Connect the 144MHz antenna to pins 7 & 8. Pins 3 & 4 to the RCA PTT on the 6000 series.  Power to pins 5 & 6.
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Just bypass the attenuator board in the box.  Just follow the instructions in this video. 

This is the Ukrainian Transverter kits. Good YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JQ0SIUlI8&t=132s

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Make sure you take care and mount the board to a proper heat sink.  If you like I can send photos of how I mounted mine in a small Aluminum "Bud" tm    Box with a Heat Sink.
  • Harald Waltisberg
    edited May 2017
    when the attenuator board ist in the box,please make the DV3 smd out of the board, then everything goes, so it is with me.HB9TRH
  • Lee Maisel
    Lee Maisel Member
    edited May 2017
    If you have some of these WITH the integrated attenuator, what changes in the radio settings as far as power must be made?

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If you are using the XTVR connector on the radio then you need to disable the attenuator. Using it with the attenuator will not provide much of a signal since power output from it is very low.
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm reading my instructions here and they say that Pin 3 is the PTT line, and to ground it to switch it to TX mode. Pine 4 is the "Control point (we use it to adjust the board). I'm having trouble getting this thing to key, but was only connecting the PTT RCA center pin to pin 3, and nothing else. The shield of the PTT cable is grounded to the enclosure. Any ideas? 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.