Transverter interface connections

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have a 70mhz transverter which has separate tx and rx connections and needs 0db drive ,am i right in thinking that the transverter output on the 6300 switches between tx and rx and therefore I need a transverter with a single connection or did I read the info in insider wrong?
Cheers
Paul
GI4FZD
Photo of GI4FZD

GI4FZD

• 129 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of pa0bie

pa0bie

• 152 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes

As You use XVTR for transmit and RXA or RXB for receive on Your FLEX it will work with Your transverter.

Good luck, Jan , pa0bie.

Photo of pa0bie

pa0bie

• 152 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes

I now understand that the 6300 has no RXA or RXB ports/loop.

In that case I would prefer to use a seperate coax relay intern in the transverter or a external coax relay.

Photo of GI4FZD

GI4FZD

• 129 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Yes i think I have arrived at the same conclusion, a little bit of modification to the transverter should do the trick.
Thanks again
Paul
GI4FZD
Photo of steve.linton%virgin.net

steve.linton%virgin.net

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
your transverter is ok , the transverter out put on your 6300 does tx and rx,you willuse it to tx only to rx use one of the hf antenna sockets   on mine , iget no output untill i use the tuner (you may not have a atu) also sometimes i have to repress the TX button   hope thats usefull steve
Photo of GI4FZD

GI4FZD

• 129 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Thanks Steve,
See comments regarding rf at ANT1 and ANT2 in my reply to Jan, If i use Antenna 2 for transverter, is it ok to tx on ANT 1 for hf and still leave transverter RX connected to ANT2, there will be no leakage or crosstalk to damage the transvert on ANT2.
With other rigs i would usually feed transverter to seperate RX only connections and
I am just a bit worried about blowing the Transverter front end.
Cheers
Paul
GI4FZD
Photo of Robin Haighton

Robin Haighton

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sounds like a great idea , I have been using dax lab and wou welcome an integrated version with Smart SDR
Photo of Steve - N5AC

Steve - N5AC, VP Engineering / CTO

• 1045 Posts
  • 1023 Reply Likes
Official Response
Paul,

Technically, the software will allow you to use ANT1 or ANT2 for the receive port of your transverter (see image below from a FLEX-6300).  In our documentation, we are stating that you cannot use a split IF transverter on the FLEX-6300.  The rationale is that with a RX IF port of a transverter plugged into the ANT1/2 port of a FLEX-6300 opens up the possibility of transmitting 100W of RF into your transverter receive port and harming the transverter.  So the recommendation is to convert to a common IF transverter, but you may use ANT1/2 at your risk.

Photo of GI4FZD

GI4FZD

• 129 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Thanks Steve,
I will maybe look at modifying the transverter just to be on the safe side.
It's better being safe than sorry as they say..
Cheers
Paul
GI4FZD