Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverter output level on 475 kHz?

John AE5X
John AE5X Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I'm curious is anyone is using their 6XXX to operate on 630m and, if so, what is the power output at that freq?

I am currently able to transmit WSPR on that band with a beacon transmitter/amp and receive with the F6300 but I can't transceiver, especially at the speed of an FT8 QSO. I'd be interested in hearing the set-up of others who use their Flex on this new band.

John AE5X

https://ae5x.blogspot.com/

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The XVTR port allows continuous coverage low power (+10 dBm max).  10mW.

Page 109 of the manual.

mike

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'm using it receive only now. I am investigating amplifier possibilities. I am seeing a lot of stuff on WSPR using one of my "short" 80m verticals. For this band you can use a class D amp and get away with it. You're not doing SSB. You're doing CW and FSK. PSK may be doable but you need a more linear amp for that.

The transverter output level should be a max of +10dBm I believe. That is what you'll use on 630m and 2200m.

Edit: 10dBm according to Mike above. 
  • John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited November 2017

I was afraid of that - a bit low for the transverter/amp I currently have which requires 100-500 mW (on 80m) to produce 22 watts on 630m. This equates to 1 watt ERP with my particular antenna but in 2 nights of WSPR on 630m I've been heard in 26 states including Hawaii plus ZF2.

Looking to operate JT9 or FT8 on the band but need a way to boost xvrtr output of Flex to 200 mW or so - I'll have a look around the web. I expect to see more construction articles in QST and elsewhere now that this band is finally available.

Ria, check out my website for what I'm using to transmit. I believe you could have an effective signal on that band for not much more than $100. Seeing that I was heard in KH6 on such a low freq was a thrill that will only be exceeded by working Bouvet in a few months ;-)

73 - John AE5X

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    http://sm0vpo.altervista.org/

Harry has a few very suitable designs for wide band MW and LF amplifiers.

Andrew VK5CV
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I love the amp made with a 7805. Reminds me of high school where I made a transmitter out of a 555 timer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.