Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit/equalizer function window display during ptt or mox idea.

Joe WD5Y
Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
The possibility of selection for the transmit window (output, swr, equalizer functions, etc.) to be closed or hidden during receive but when transmit engaged (ptt or mox) the window would reappear during transmit; this would allow a clear view of the receive window during receive. I normally leave the transmit window open all of the time and this covers up a good part of the panadapter. Maybe this could be a selection for an auto function set?
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Yes that would be great. The option to see the watts out in digital, swr in digital and compression alc ect in digital , oh yes like the power sdr, back to the future. Please bring on these options.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am not sure a "Panel on transmit" would be helpful. It would probably be too distracting having it pop up and off every time my TX keyed & unkeyed... I DO like the digital readout of info idea. Another modification I would like to see would be a "build-a-panel" option. We could allow each section - power/swr, mike/compression/EXP level, EQ, TX Bandwidth & passband, etc. to be defined as analog, digital, and selectable add/delete or shrink/expand like on some of the websites I have seen. That would be really neat.
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    These are some very interesting ideas. Thank you for your great input on the GUI! Ken, would you please supply some of the websites that you are referring to for reference?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Matt, The first example would be an expansion and improvement from the control panel SDR# program, (www.sdrsharp.com) which has a panel on the left with parameter setting pull-downs that collapse to a single line or two when minimized. It is pretty slick. SSDR could have a panel like that come up when you activate the TX panel. Then the sub panels could be opened full length, basic, or closed to one line for access when needed. The basic could be shrunk down to only the meters or digital readouts w/o adjustments. Then either hover over them to open, or click on the title bar or the +sign to access the additional controls. Then shrink back when done. slick.... SDR# shrinks the menus, but I would add two levels of shrink, to include basic information display in the sub-panel or on the title bar of the sub-panel. You can see a screen shop on the website and you will get the idea of the basic concept of expandable sub-panels.
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the info. I will take a look!
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Having the EQ pop up during transmit Are you kidding. No one I know adjust's the EQ each and every transmission. Even Audio buffs with rack gear, Virtual gear do not do this every transmission . With the present 2.7 Band width the EQ is different than the some day Flex adjustable Band width. Say 3.3 ESSB . With the 3.2 and the low cut at 80 to 100 HZ you now have a different setting Turning on Wider band width ESSB would be nice to have a ESSB EQ "different settings" . Similar to the radios out there that already have adjustable band width They have a second EQ when running ESSB just for that mode. And Yes Only is displayed . Ed Baker NP2G
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You are right, what really would be good is a way to see the needed transmit functions available during transmit only and disappear during receive so the panadapter is clear to view. Some of the transmit functions are a one time set and no need to view constantly. Maybe allow one to determine and design what they want to view in the popup window. Also, maybe where you could place the transmit window in a different location. Just small ideas for the future. 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Having persistence would ,once set , would keep that transmit page rarely visited . So much more things to watch . Ed baker Np2g
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I agree the whole panel popping up would probably be too much, but as joe pointed out some items popping with it user defined would be a great option. That's the reason I believe digital is the only way to go. Analog meters , even computer generated are not accurate indications, especially when we are looking a 0 DBMS as the wall we should not pass. When setting up my 3000 & 5000 audio chain the digital assured me I never was over driving the section of the chain I was in. Thinks about it you could have whatever you wanted to come up in a box which could be moved , maybe even off the skin of smart sdr like my wave node system will do. Gosh isn't this a wonderfully platform that we can think of ways to creat more features that other companies have to go to the computer modeling programs and start designing the new Ts 1990 to compete with what we have!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.