Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit Profile Logical Selection by Band

Options
Steve Potter
Steve Potter Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
As the Transmit Profiles are band specific, and we now have auto saved profiles, my idea would be to grey-out any transmit profiles NOT specific to the currently selected band. This way we lessen the risk of selecting an inappropriate profile (or saving one) for the band in use. It should be possible to override the grey-out so we can re-use that profile on the current band but force a different file name on save or auto-save to preserve the original.
Just a thought from a SmartSDR newbie.

Comments

• AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I wouldn't support the idea since I use profiles as a band change mechanism.  I have profiles for 80cw, 80 dig, 80 SSB and 80AM for example.  Each one puts me in roughly the correct place in the band with all the right settings.

Keith - AC9S
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You bring up a point that I have been thinking about. The rub is that the persistence memory can conflict with the profiles and creat inconsistency between them. The only way to get the three profile categories to work together with persistence memory is to write a profile on a per band level. This causes the effect of having lots of duplicate but band specific profiles. I have tried to do a specific mode level profile so that I could just select the band and have it just set up on that band with all the attributes following. But it does not, persistence takes priority and you end up having to make adjustments.

I think the solution could be a set of key commands that one could be embedded in the profile name to be parsed by the profile processing. Example: FT8(bandall)(power#50)(include:xmt1, audio1) I know it may look complicated but I think it would significantly reduce the quantity of profiles needed to program the radio.
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    The whole issue is handled fairly well in my Icom/Ten Tec world with band stacking memories.  It is one of the few things I miss with Flex.

Keith - AC9S
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I use the memories. Much easier and much like the stacking memories you mentioned.
  • Paul Lourd
    Paul Lourd Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I Guess I am now totally confused! I did it like you, but now, if you move around or do something after you have loaded 80 dig, it will autosave. So if you accidentally click a spot on your spotting program and it changes freq, does that auto update the profile. Flex needs to do a few videos on how this **** really works! I give up.
  • Steve Potter
    Steve Potter Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes, as did I, especially as I decided to do a bit of FT-8 on another band, next day I didnt know what I was doing... 
    I guess an answer is to prohibit auto-save on any other band than the TX Profile was created for ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.