Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

transmit problem in V.1.4.16

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
If others have reported this, I missed it.  

I have had several instances where I opened a second panadapter, transmitted on the slice in it, and then closed it.  (For example, Pan 'A' was on 20 SSB, and pan 'B' was 6 meter SSB.)  

After closing Pan B, the rig would not transmit on the original pan and Slice 'A.'  All the indicators (TX selection, etc) were showing properly, and there is a weak display of my SSB pattern on the panadapter, but no power output.  

It required me to close the panadapter and reopen it before it would transmit.

On another occasion, after opening four panadapters to demonstrate the power of the Flex to my buddies who helped install my new antenna, it wouldn't transmit until I closed SSDR and opened only a single panadapter.  (embarassing...)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ken - NM9P

Flex-6500, SSDR V1.4.16,

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Is this reproducible and if so, what are the steps to reproduce it?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It happened to me three times yesterday.  I got it to do it again by opening up two slices on 20 and 6.
    I closed SSDR last night to go to bed.
    I just fired it up this afternoon for about an hour and have not been able to "break" it again, yet.
    I will let you know if it happens again.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    If it breaks again, export all your profiles, send them to me with the steps you did so I can see if I can reproduce it.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Will do. I love a good mystery!
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I wonder if this is the same as the "won't transmit" situation I see from time to time?  I'll try to remember the "close pan, open pan" sequence.  Normally I shut down SSDR and restart.  If closing and opening a pan solves the problem, I'll try to get back to this thread and report my experience.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Sam problem, but I don't have to change anything.it will do it randomly. It seems to be getting worse. I key the mike the red light comes on on the 6300 and nothing happens.If I unkey and key again and then it tx. But recently It takes keying and unkeying several times to get it to tx.
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm having a similar problem with my 6300 on 1.4.11. Sometimes I key the mike and it goes into transmit but no output. I unkey the mike and try again and it has output. Same thing happening with two different computers.

Mike W9OJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.