Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit CW reader?

I just saw a neat feature on my friend's Electraft - when sending CW the radio displays what you've sent. I discovered that around 20 WPM I sometimes leave a bit too much time between dits and dahs so a 4 reads like H and T. This would be a good tool for me to use to improve my CW. Does anybody know if a similar feature exists for the Flex 6000 series w/ Smart SDR? My brief search didn't turn anything up, but without a good keyword sometimes one doesn't find the desired topic.

Answers

• James Charlton
    James Charlton Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have a 6600m and if that feature exists, I haven't found it.  Basically, the Flex is a really good CW radio, but that's it, no bells or whistles.  However, I get exactly the feature you are asking for by using a Winkeyer and paddle.  The Winkeyer plugs into the transceiver key jack, but it also connects to my logging PC via a USB port.
    I run the Winkeyer WK_Demo program on the PC and it displays what I'm sending.  It was a real eye-opener when I first started using it, LOL!
    Jim  AD0AB
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Hi Warren,

I use the CW Machine made by Begali It helps you read and send. My biggest problem is my spacing between letters and words.It can be found here:
    https://www.i2rtf.com/cw-machine.html 
    Jim
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Warren, such a feature is not part of the current core software set of the Flex 6000 series.  but this is exactly the kind of feature that Flex provides an API to its base so able programmers can develop programs to do this.  AFIK none of the regular developers have developed one, but hope some are  watching the list and maybe can add a tool like this to their application or create one.  I would love to have this as well.

Chris
    N6WM

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Me too me too come on flex CW reader please

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.