Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Trade-up Requests

Terry K8EET
Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm sure I'm one of many who filled out the recent trade-up request forms. Wondering how Flex is going to respond to those requests. After learning more about the new models, I'm probably not alone in changing my mind about which model I hope to purchase. 

Answers

• Chuck - KJ6HT
    Chuck - KJ6HT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Terry,
    As you can imagine the folks are Flex are pretty buried with interest in the new units. I received a response indicating that they are finalizing the details on the trade up program. I went ahead and put my $400 down on a new 6600. Keep in mind, the $400 is refundable anytime.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Hi Terry K8EET

Gerald K5SDR had posted that FRS is simply swamped.  Both Tim and Mat had posted that the market needs to settle and new radios actually be available before trade-in values can be set.

You can always try them at sales@flexradio.com but I'm going to guess anything firm is going to come your way end of summer.

Steve K9ZW

• James Whiteway
    edited June 2019
    Ditto! Even though I'm still on the fence, I went ahead and reserved a 6600M. My 6500 and Maestro do all I want or need. But, I like the higher rez intergrated display and HDMI output too. It depends on how much difference they want between my 6500 and Maestro for the 6600M as to wheather or not I'll go ahead and upgrade. James WD5GWY
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Put mine in for a 6400M yesterday. Matt is busy,busy. Busier than a one arm paper hanger! 
  • KG9DW
    KG9DW Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm not exactly sure how this timing is going to work out. I imagine there are a few people out there like James (and me) that put in a deposit but will not want to decide on buying the 6600 until knowing what the trade-in value will be on the 6500. And then you've got Tim and Matt posting that the market needs to settle and new radios actually be available before trade-in values can be set. It's an interesting quandary. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    It is an interesting situation.  Hopefully it will sort itself out sooner than later.  Fortunately, we have de-risked the process for customers such as yourself by allowing for the deposit on the new radios to be fully refundable.
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thank you for your excitement over the new radios and your interest in the Trade-up program! We will be making trade up offers and I plan to have the details finalized within the next couple weeks. If you are interested please send an email to sales@flexradio.com with your radio information and which radio you would like to trade to. I will get back to you with an offer as soon as I have the program put together.

If you are confident you would like to move to the new models I would recommend getting your reservation in place so that you have your spot in the queue. The list is growing fast so the sooner the better!

Thank you again for the great support!

Best,
  • Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks, Tim I know you guys are really busy.  I had heard people were making deposits and hadn't heard anything about requests for deposits.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Have the retail prices been published for the 64/66/6900s? All I see is in the store is the reservation amounts.
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    edited January 2019
    Sorry for the lack of clarity on the cart. The prices are as follows:
    6400: $1999
    6400M: $2999
    6600: $3999
    6600M: $4999

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The retail prices are given in the description of the radio

Cheers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    Yes.  And there isn't a FLEX-6900.  Just the FLEX-6400 and FLEX-6600.
  • Logan KE7AZ
    Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I just joined "the club", 6500 to 6600M.  Although I don't need the knobs, I figured with the IC 7610 coming out the knobs were necessary in case I needed to sell it.  (Hopefully it doesn't come to that.)  So, I'm in line waiting to hear what the "delta" is going to be while I continue to enjoy my 6500.
    Logan
    KZ6O
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Yeah Tim this is a dilemma. My 6500 is great. To have a second SCU would be even greater. I ordered the 6600. This is the first time I am looking at getting rid of a radio that is very effective and does not need to be replaced. I enjoy it as much as I did four years ago. 
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    yet :-)
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I'm looking at the 6600 page http://cart.flexradio.com/FLEX-6600-Reservation_p_1012.html
    and I see the price in the description. But in the description on that page for the 6600 (non-M) in the very first line...

"Purchase a reservation for the FLEX-6600M. The reservation is fully refundable at any time and will be applied toward the final purchase price of $3999 at the time of shipment."

You might want to fix that before somebody holds you to it.

• Matt-KD5FGE
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for pointing this out. This has been corrected.
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hold on....
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Some people already placed a reservation via the above cart statement for the 6600M and had thought there was a special discount for early buy of $500.  I think Flex has given a discount in the past.  Will you be honoring the price from the website to those purchasers?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

I certainly wouldn't hold a manufacturer to a typographical woopsie, especially when in trying to take advantage I needed to make up  a "special discount" story out of thin air to justify it to myself. 

Stuff happens and it is pretty likely we will see the 6300/6400/6500/6600/6400M/6600M confused more than a few times more before the new models deliver.

Steve K9ZW

• Matt-KD5FGE
    edited May 2017
    Hi John,

Thank you so much for that feedback. I apologize for any confusion.

I am not actually sure I know what you are referring to as far as a discount? I am guessing based on your comment that there was confusion that the reservation price was actually a discount? 

I can say that we did not have any intention of offering discounts on the radios.

I am happy to discuss this if anyone did have that confusion. We of course can refund the reservation if the pricing of the unit is an issue. We tried very hard to be aggressive with the pricing of these units to make the highest performance accessible from a lower price point. 

Again, thank you for your feedback! Feel free to reach out to me with any other concerns.
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2017
    Matt, I think some, are thinking as I did, (until you explained it to me when I placed my reservation) back to when the 6000 Series radios, including later on the 6300, the Introductory pricing that FRS did as a promotion. Same thing when Maestro was first announced. (I got in on that one too ! :-) ) But, in my case anyway, I fully understand that introductory pricing won't be happening on the new radios. No problem on my end. James WD5GWY
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I know at least one person whom made a purchase on the website the first day the new radios were posted.  He was not a Dayton and felt the price difference was a $500 discount for buying the early release.  He had no confusion on the reservation price.  His opinion was completely based upon what he read on your cart web page.   He would have no reason to know it was an error so at some point you will need to explain to him that Flex made a mistake
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Steve K9ZW please attempt once in a while to see the picture from others point of view.  No one is trying to take advantage of Flex here and your jumping to the wrong conclusion.  

Flex has provided introductory discounts before.  The person read exactly what was on the Flex Cart page and does not frequent this website and was not in Dayton. You might be a expert on all current Flex news and events but many others are not.

There is no making up of a story here to justify what is clearly written.  It is simply a error Flex made on the cart page read and understood by a reasonable person exactly as it was written.  It is certainly reasonable that a new radio introduced at Dayton might have a discount when deposits are taken prior to availability.  It is not like that has never happened before.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Understood, and apologies for bad implications.

Guess I was wondering how I missed out on the special discount deal <grin>!

All best and 73

Steve K9ZW

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    TU, accepted and appreciated.  I also thought I had missed out so asked at the booth on Saturday in Dayton.

• Matt-KD5FGE
    edited May 2017
    John, would you be willing to send me a note offline with the information of the individual so that I can apologize to them for the confusion. We of course would never want to mislead people and it would be great to get a chance to make it right. My email is matt@flexradio.com.

Thank you for your great support of FlexRadio!
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Yes I will email you his call.
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2017
    I looked at the order page the day the radios were announced. The prices shown were after the $500 deposit (shown in red) was deducted from the full price. My thoughts at the time were that these were introductory prices ( in the case of the 6600M I was interested in) as it was cheaper than my 6500 and Maestro were. Matt later explained that the prices were regular prices and not a special introductory price. I saw nothing that lead me to think I would be getting a $500 discount.it was and is, simply a refundable DEPOSIT that will be deducted from the full prkce, when my radio ships. And minus the amount they offer for my 6500 and Maestro....should I accept it. Otherwise, I can get my $500 deposit back. No harm no foul. All that was clear from day one. (Other than me thinking the price for the 6600M was/had to be a special price because it was less.than what I would have thought it would be since it had more feature than my setup) James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.