Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Trade-in issues

W8TZ Ross
W8TZ Ross Member ✭✭

I shipped my Flex 6500 to Texas as a trade in on Feb. 5th, 2018. It arrived at Flex Feb. 8th, 2018. The Help Desk Ticket showed it's arrival and all was fine, or so I thought. I kind of forgot about it, fast forward to March 10th, 2018. I received the invoice for the new Flex I ordered but there was no mention of my trade in. I emailed sales@flexradio.com on March 11th per the instructions in the invoice asking about my trade in credit but got no reply. On March 13th I asked the Help Desk the status of the 6500 trade in. They did respond and said the radio had a problem. At this point Flex has had the radio over a month and this is the first mention of a problem. I was worried, the radio was working perfectly and in near mint condition the day I sent it to Flex insured UPS, original factory double boxes and packing.

It has been 8 weeks now and I am still waiting on a resolution. I have asked many questions via the Help Desk but never really get much information. I also tried calling Flex but the only options on their automated system is sales, accounting, shipping and operator. The operator option does not work.

I have tried to be patient but 2 months seems excessive to me. Also the fact that Flex never notified me about the alleged problem with my 6500. I am very frustrated at this point and getting any useful information from Flex has been difficult. Unfortunately it seems like the Community is the only way to get attention about a problem. I am sure this is a isolated incident but when it happens to you it's no fun.

Comments

• Ron Morgan
    Ron Morgan Member
    edited April 2018
    My experience was beyond perfect. Matt gave me 2 choices: send in my 6500 for evaluation and credit for a 6600, or order the 6600 and return the 6500 for credit after my new rig arrived. I chose the 2nd option and kept my station active. Credit to my CC was swift and communications was ongoing.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member
    edited April 2018
    My trade was received and processed within a couple of days, however I did make sure credit was posted to my account along with my deposit so paperwork was in order prior to invoicing for new Flex.

Lew
    N4CO
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Yea 2 months is long but the time taking to get it on the bench for checkout to approve your trade-in sounds normal to me. 

I would fill out a help desk and tell them to CALL you.

My experience is good with trade-in.

Rich

• W8TZ Ross
    W8TZ Ross Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I traded my 6300 2 years ago and the experience with Matt was exellent. That was the reason I decided to trade again. I don’t remember exactly how long it took to be credited for the 6300 but it wasn't very long.
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Flex needs to talk to Ross..... very soon.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Rose claims he has been stone walled by Flex, I'm sure it will get attention.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.