Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Touchscreen monitor

M Evans
M Evans Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have come upon a Planar touchscreen monitor that I've hooked up to my Flex 6300 PC but it doesn't seem to work(touch part) Is it possible its just monitor problem or won't smart sdr support that? I know the Maestro is touch enabled so I thought I'd try this monitor. Its so obvious and probably answered a hundred times but can't find anything specific as search turns up mostly Maestro stuff.

Thanks
M Evans K7URA

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    The ability to use "touch" in a hardware/Windows interaction. 

In other words, if you get touch enabled for Windows, it will work for everything running on that machine, including SmartSDR. It acts the same as a mouse when it's working properly.

Since I am not familiar with your hardware/driver requirements, I can't help with that.

BTW, Maestro uses what appears to be an embedded version of Windows 10.

Bob

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    You probably need a driver for your touch  monitor. Are you using a HDMI cable on the monitor?
    My Surface Pro computers will operate SSDR touch functions.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I just spent a few minutes on the Planar website and it looks like they use an HDMI plus a USB interface and provide drivers...
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Bob yes, everything is controlled via an USB port. But the USB port should look just like a mouse, Its nothing more than coordinates on the screen. With a USB driver I do not see any reason why it would not work.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    My point was entirely that it is an operating system interface that needs to be configured, not a Flex software interface.

It may be quite a bit more than a USB mouse driver that is required, however. Several of the models I looked at were "multi-touch" which tracks multiple points of contact on the screen and their relative motion. (i.e. "pinch" & "spread" moves)

The monitors did show a memory stick included that likely contains the requisite drivers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.