Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Touch Screen 6500

Kent Hufford
Kent Hufford Member ✭✭
edited January 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
My 6500 is working great now, that FLEX fixed the Fans on upon power down. I have hooked to my wireless router. Then I can by wifi connect my MS Windows 8.1 Surface Pro 3 and run Smart SDR. And that makes my 6500 a touch screen SDR radio. All the settings you can use with a mouse, you can use the Touch Pen on the Surface screen. image

Comments

• AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I was wondering how well the SP3 worked with SmartSDR. We have a few at work I can check out but I haven't had time to test it yet.

Which model do you have, can you give me the specs (proc, ram, etc)?

Thanks!

• Kent Hufford
    Kent Hufford Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I have a Surface Pro 3 with the i7 CPU, full up.
  • W9XC
    W9XC Member
    edited December 2014
    Now if you could only find a way to use the Touch Pen as a paddle/key to send CW!  - Les, W9XC
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    That i would pay money to see.....  KQ4KK on CW
  • Kent Hufford
    Kent Hufford Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    That's what the keyboard and DM780 is for<g>.
  • AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks!

I'm debating my next "laptop" and this will be a primary use of it.

Currently I'm deciding between a 13" MBP (Bootcamp Windows) and a Surface Pro3.

I have to admit I'm leaning towards the MBP for other reasons, but there's no denying the surface Pro3 running SmartSDR is the hotness.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Good information.  I am an iPad person but the Surface is uber-cheap.  You can get a refurbed one even cheaper.  Seems like it would be great for dedicating to the Flex.

How much RAM do you have?
  • Kent Hufford
    Kent Hufford Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    It is a Surface Pro 3. A regular Surface is not running full windows 8.1. 6gb.
  • GAH    K5RIG
    GAH K5RIG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I did this with my ASUS Transformer Book 10.1" T100TAM-C1-GM rx and tx also with a 99.00 HPStream 7 rx . Both are the new breed of inexpensive W 8.1 tablets.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.