Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Topic – 6700 arrived today after an overnight flight from Texas– Awesome customer service from Flex.

Joe Bales
Joe Bales Member ✭✭

I purchased a new 6300 last year from Flex after talking with Matt a few times.  I have been in contact with Matt over the past few months pondering an upgrade to a 6500.  Matt has been more than understanding, responsive and patient with my floundering around and never pulling the trigger until yesterday.   I recently responded to a couple of QTH ads wanting to purchase a 6300 -  never finalized a deal to sell my 6300.  When Matt heard a potential deal fell thru yesterday he mentioned a trade up program from Flex he could offer me.  After a quick phone call I ordered the 6500.   Shortly after that I changed my mind and went with the 6700.  I have no monetary relationship with Flex other than gladly sending mine their way for the great equipment they engineer.  I look forward to the continued upgrade of Smart SDR software and have no issue with the upgrade price to version 2.   And when the Flex 7000 or 8000 is on the market I will be in line to get one.  The 6000 series has changed the way I operate and has significantly increased the enjoyment of our hobby and speed of obtaining contacts in contesting and DX.   If you have a 6300 or 6500 you purchased new from Flex and are considering an upgrade to a 6500/6700 - you may want to contact Flex and see if their trade up plan works for you rather than selling it out right.       Joe – K4JKB

Comments

• W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Great program as long as the trade-up price is fair market value.
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Congrats on your 6700 Joe.  I've also been talking to Matt lately.  I ordered a 6700 today, my first Flex.  Really looking forward to it.

Butch
    KF4HR
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I need to talk to Matt!! When is a good time? :)
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    That's great Joe that you were able to upgrade to the 6700.

There are NO equal company; as Flex. Their customer service is the best in the industry! I am very happy for you or others that may trade up in the future.

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Matt - it's my birthday next month and I'll be 65. How about a senior-citizen discount? 
    Flex 6300 with ATU, purchased August 2014, perfect condition, and looking for a new shack!

73's .. dan
    w7nga@outlook.com
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If they did such a discount, they would go out of business, almost all hams are seniors. They shoud do a youth discount, they are the ones with no money
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Great idea.... Now... , 40 is consider youth in ham terms, right?
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Not sure what planet you are on but most seniors are the ones with no money.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Whilst running in the JARTS RTTY test the ages of those contacted ranged from 99 to a low of 0.  They start off pretty young in some corners of the globe!  Good to still kickin' at 99 lat alone using an HF set.

_..--
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Not sure what planet you are on but most  young people are the ones with no money. Look at this list, people here are buying main rigs, backup rigs, backups to the backups. Some have 2 Flex rigs, amps, huge towers, get real those here are not kids

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I was hoping my jocularity was obvious ... I have had a few unreasonable offers on my Flex 6300 and would love to have a 6500 here on the bench. I always get a chuckle when I read on someone's QRZ page that they will not send QSL cards due to the high cost of postage, and yet, in their photo the shack looks like Ham Radio Outlet!

No, I am not expecting a senior discount. An enticing email/offer however would be greatly appreciated!

Oh yeah ... just for the record - most youngsters I see on the road are driving cars that put my little Prius putt-putt to shame. Perhaps they are not as devoid of funds as one would believe!

W7NGA  dan
    San Juan Island, Wa.
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Matt ... the 6500 won out over a new roof this year!
    My wife mentioned that my priorities are askew!
    My new 6500 should arrive before the weekend ... Yahoo!

W7NGA  dan
    San Juan Island, Wa.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    However...A lot of you people don't have any money BECAUSE they have already blown most of it, and their earnings for the next couple of decades, on fancy cars, boats, houses bought for status rather than living, and other things. I meet them in pre-marital counseling sessions all the time! A lot of people I know could benefit from a few Dave Ramsey Financial Peace workshops. (Sez the guy with a new 6500 and tower.....but at least my tower was purchased used!)
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Your priorities are not dissimilar to many hams.
  • Tim Hill - KI6LSB
    edited November 2015
    Hi Ken, could give me your email, I went to QRZ but it is not listed. Thanks 73 Tim - KI6LSB timcbs@yahoo.com
  • KD4HSO
    KD4HSO Member
    edited October 2015
    I'll further Burt's comment, and suggest a non-senior-citizen discount!  Despite the new 6500, I still have a 7 and 9 year to put through college.     
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I thought my daughter was good at getting her license at age 8, but your 7 year old is going to college!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.