Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Top 10 Wish List for SSDR

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
After a week with SSDR version 1.0, here's my "Top Ten" list of feature wishes. Understand about the roadmap -- this is just my user feedback and suggestions for the developer team as they roll forward. A BIG thank you to the whole team! 1) Persistance 2) Memories 3) DAX 4) FFT Smoothing 5) Band edge markers 6) Memory keyer (CWX) 7) Spectrum analyzer tools (peak hold, etc.) 8) TX panel slide out (other than meters) like the RX panel 9) Waterfall 10) Preamp ON/OFF indicator Just my two cents. 73 to all! George, KF2T

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    George, Just for fun we have a poll running on the Yahoo FlexRadioSmartSDR forum. Here are the standings so far. Everyone is welcome to vote. Caveat: the poll is not scientific or endorsed by FRS. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, Al! Great minds...
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My Top Ten is 1. Tracking Notch Filter TNF 2. DAX 3. I/Q streaming, 96kHz 4. Memory Keyer CWX 5. Quick Record and Play 6. slice LOCK 7. 4/8 rec slices 8. scope 9. Memories 10.Simple mode FlexControl
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited December 2013
    Robert Cline N5FD 1. Waterfall Display 2. Transmit offset for the "up listeners". Quicker than two slices maneuvers. Just my 2¢.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Here is my list, after only brief reflection. Subject to change after reading other ideas! 1) DAX 2) Additional Persistence (mode & band specific AGC-t, RX EQ, filter, Display FRS) 3) CW Keying via Virtual Serial Port 4) RIT/XIT 5) FFT Averaging/Smoothing 6) Enhanced DSP 7) Pan-fall 8) Band stacking registers w/persistence of freq, mode, filter, etc. 9) editable RX filter button frequency limits (like in Power SDR) 10) TX "Profiles" that store Bandwidth, Audio Input, TX EQ, Mike Gain & Compression, 11) Expanded Flex Control Knob Support I had to add an additional one! Thanks, Flex, for a great radio! I can't wait for the next release! "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting ****..."
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Here are my top 3. (Ok I am having trouble prioritizing) 1. DAX 1. I/Q Streaming 1. Pan-Fall 1. Enhanced DSP 1. Memories (RX Slices) 1. Profiles (memories for everything else) 1. Tracking Notch Filter 2. Averaging 2. Adjustable Flex-Control 2. FM and DV (it would be cool to have digital voice built-in) 3. 4/8 slices 3. Scope
  • EA3KZ
    EA3KZ Member
    edited June 2019
    Here my list is short: 1 - At least same features of PowerSdr v 2.6.4 73 Salvador
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ooh, I love the LOCK idea! Good one.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'd add #11, too, same as you.
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited February 2017
    My top three are: 1. NB for entire panadapter (I live in a noisy noisy place) 2. DAX 3. Enhanced DSP
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    1. Remote power on
  • L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    My top one is ---- Remote Power ON/OFF, so I can get some use of the radio. Lloyd VE3ERQ
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Besides finishing the major mode and display features. Looks like the only way Flex will make all its previous 5000A customers happy will be to have the same features as PSDR V2.x.x. I imagine that's going to take a while.... I mainly use my 6500 (as I did my 5000A) for DX spot chasing, both SSB and CW, and, AM/SSB rag chewing. So here is my list: 1. Persistence and memories. 2. CWX 3. Save profiles & bandwidth for at least 4 microphones. 4. DAX 5. Band edge/privilege markers/ indicators. 6. RIT/XIT (make it so logging program sets XIT as QSX freq (VFO-B), so I don't have to have another slice RX open!!) 7. DSP for AM mode. 8. Add FlexControl switch features so can toggle through slices that are up; make it so yellow mark toggles with control. V1.0.0 has been real solid for me. Very few issues last week, consequently I sold my 5000A....
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I would put the 'Ablity to QSY via CAT to any freqeuncy/any band and have the RX a Slice and its panadapter follow' some where in my TOP 3 AL, K0VM
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Al, The way you are wording it yes ,I would too... My problem is using DX4WIN with my 6500. If I don't have VFO-B open when I connect DX4WIN to the radio DX4WIN it errors out... (BobT said its because DX4WIN looks for VFO-B to be available, and it errors out if it isn't. But, the 5000A could do it?) With the 5000A I only had to have VFO-A open (no 2nd RX open) and DX4WIN would jump to the spot and if there was a QSX freq it would go into split and you're ready to go, the TX freq is set and ready to transmit. All I want it that ease of use behavior, now I have to worry if my VFO-B is open then I have to make sure they are on the correct band or SDSDR gets tangled up and falls flat on its face.... I would appreciate any help I could get.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    My 5 cents as well: 1. Expanded Persistence (mode & band specific: AGC-t, NR, RX EQ, TX EQ, Mc Gain&Compression, Filters, Display FRS, RF output for every band) 2. CW Keying via Virtual Serial Port 3. CWX - memory keyer with additional keypad supporting 4. FFT Averaging/Smoothing with analyzing functionality 5. Pan-fall 6. Enhanced DSP (incl TNF) usable for all modes 7. DAX for all 4/8 slices 8. Editable RX filter button frequency limits 9. IQ streaming with Record/Play functionality 10. Expansion SSDR CAT functionality 11. GUI tunable – colors, parts separation 12. WFM(tunable),DRM
  • EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Here my wishlist for sooner release: 1. Expanded Persistence for all settings. 2. CW Keying via Virtual Serial Port 3. FFT Averaging/Smoothing with analyzing functionality like PSDR 4. Enhanced DSP (incl TNF) usable for all modes 5. DAX for all 4/8 slices 6. Editable RX filter button frequency limits 7. IQ streaming with Record/Play functionality 8. Expansion SSDR CAT functionality 9. CW dot/dash memory and ratio 10. CAT opertunity to connect the virtual Port 4 direct to a hardware Port. (without DDUtil) 11. Different MIC profiles save&restore 12. SAVE all settings and after Upgrade of Firmware restore back. cheers Emil, de DL8JJ
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    1. DAX. I think CW has had more than its fair share of focus lately :) (ducks vibroplex thrown from far left field) 2. Transmit profiles or fully implemented CAT command set so we can create macros in DDUTIL and use that to manage "persistance". Switching betwen digital/SSB is more difficult than it needs to be. 3. Panadapter averaging so my eyeballs stop vibrating 4. Panafall. I sure miss that for weak signal work. 5. RIT. Feels dumb to chase other stations all over the bands with a $7K radio. 6. NB is still not up to ****. As a general comment: we should have at a minimum the features we had in PSDR. I liked being able to use DSB and the phase scope to calibrate my radio to WWV. Sure I can use GPSDO, but that's $699 and the "old way" was free...and certainly close enough for me.
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Top Ten Wish List 1. I Want all the features that were with the 5000 . And more. (What was advertised) Isn't that what we paid for.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.