Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TNF notification

VE7ATJ_Don
VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
An idea for next version of SSDR -- when TNF's are 'globally' turned off (I.e. the icon in the bottom left), have a message that tells you 'TNF is not available' when you attempt to create on in the waterfall display.  Or, alternatively, when one tries to create one in the waterfall, have the TNF feature globally turned on. 

My reason for asking  is that I just spent over a week playing with various TNF features to block out carriers, etc. and none of them were working.  I thought there was something wrong with my installation of SSDR!  Then, after watching another youtube on the function, I finally realized that TNF's were globally turned off (via the icon in lower left).  Magically, they started working AFTER I turned the function back on.  Yea, Yea, RTFM, but maybe in the next version of SSDR, we could have it be a little more 'intuitive/smart' about telling us when we try to do something silly?Thanks.

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I agree this is less than intuitive
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Agree. I just added a notification which pops up if you try to add a TNF with TNFs disabled that reminds you that TNFs are disabled. You can dismiss this message with "don't show again'.

It will come with the next SmartSDR for iOS version

Marcus, DL8MRE
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Marcus!! Much appreciated (for when I eventually get onto SSDR for iOS :-))!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.