Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TNF issue found

dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Here is the scenario and I can reproduce it on occasion, can anyone else?

40 meters, 7.147, LSB... Create a TNF and set it to VERY DEEP, Change or move the TNF, change the filter width from 2.7 to 2.9, then remove the TNF.. it doesn't go away, although you see it on the screen disappear the audio is the same.  Only way to clear this is to shutdown SmartSDR and restart it... second part to this on occasion the SmartSDR will crash and go away and the radio will lock up, have to hard reset it (hold button until shutdown)

Now this does not happen all the time, just after the radio has been running a while, but i was able to reproduce the issue this morning 3 times in a row and the last time I locked up the Radio.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Radio: FLEX6500  HW version 1.10.16.91
SmartSDR Version 1.10.16.174

Thanks
David

Comments

• James T. Lee
    James T. Lee Member
    edited March 2017
    I saw something almost identical on my 6500 this past month, but just ONCE.  Never has happened again and I use very deep TNF pretty often here on 40 meters.  Odd quirk.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2019
    I'd like some detailed information.  I'd like to know the dial frequency of the slice and the approximate frequency location of the TNF when created and where it was moved.  I'd also like to know the bandwidth of the TNF too.

Also at any time during these changes is the TNF outside of the RX passband filter?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Dial frequency was 7.147.000 LSB, TNF was created at approximately 7.144.442 and default width of 100Hz wide then set to VERY DEEP, then moved to about 7.144.171, width of TNF filter remained the same...The bandwidth change seems to be the key here.. started of with a 2.7K width and changed it to 2.9K, then to 3.3K (by selection not dragging).. the TNF stays inside the bandwidth changes..

Upon removing the TNF (right click, delete TNF) I could hear that the TNF did not go away.

Thanks Tim... 

Since I have rebooted the Radio after last lockup and restarted SmartSDR I have tried a few more times and now can not recreate it.. but when I initially discovered this I was able to get it to clear by simply closing and restarting SmartSDR. After checking again I was able to recreate it and again a restart resolved the issue, upon a 3 time it locked up the radio as well...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker as issue #4538 for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Upon removing the TNF (right click, delete TNF) I could hear that the TNF did not go away.
    When this happens, is the TNF still visible on the GUI?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    No... TNF goes away visually however you can hear that it's still there 
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the detailed feedback.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2017
    Any tricks you know to help make this happen?  I've tried it a few times here without success.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I adjusted the size of the TNF when it happened.. here is what happened.. was listening to a QSO, someone started tuning in the middle of it, created a TNF, made it very deep, I then moved and adjusted it to cover the tune.. I then widened from 2.7k to 2.9k the slice.. once the tune went away I clicked and removed TNF and continued to listen but noticed no change in sound so started playing with the RX EQ, still no change... so restarted SmartSDR and it was then gone (I could hear it), so tried it again just to test, same results, restarted SmartSDR again and once again it was good, so did it one more time, this time SmartSDR crashed and shutdown on it's own and the radio would not shutdown... had t hold the button down..

I will tinker more and see if I can find the exact pattern that caused this.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2017
    Thanks David.  I'm sure we can fix this quickly if we can make it happen.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'll see if I can get it to happen regularly again.. seems to have corrected it's self after the hard lock of the Radio and a forced reboot (hold button down to get it to shutdown)
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I still have not been able to recreate this issue..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.