Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TNF colours

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in New Ideas
I don't know if it has been mooted before, but I would like the ability to change the TNF colours. I use them on 60m to demarcate the channels and all of those yellow lines along with the yellow line of the active slice all blur together. I would also like to be able, if possible, to have the colours configurable so that one colour can be used to mark the beginning of a tx section and another the end. Until SSDR gets 'proper' tx demarcations, this would help use the TNFs for this purpose.

The vote button is at the top right of the page ;-).

Comments

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Guy, I think it would be easier if we just had band edge markers like PowerSDR? I doubt it would be much more work than the workaround.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Here here! I'll go for either of those. I use TNF's for band edge markers just to make sure I don't stray out of band accidentally. However, when someone is right near the band edge, the TNF can toy with that signal a bit. I'd like to have either band edge markers (and/or channel markers) or choice of colors for TNF's to work as a substitute.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Duane, Would you elaborate on something for me. When you say band edge, do you mean band edge (DAH?) or license class edge? Where I am going with this is doesn't FRS prevent transmission already at band's edge? If that's what you meant, perhaps it would be possible to get a class specific turf file for the current classes such that one could simply install the relevant turf file for General or Extra. Didn't they already do away with Novice, Tech, and Advanced?
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Walt - since I'm an Extra, I'm talking band edge. Like 18068, etc. I'm always forgetting 12m band edges (well, not since I put TNF's on all of them.) I haven't kept up with the subbands for lower class licenses since, as my brain ages, I tend to keep less and less in it that doesn't matter to me - ha, ha! (And some that does!) It's not so much a transmitting thing (although that too), but rather when I'm listening for activity on the bands (yep, still do that) a visual marker makes it a lot easier than trying to find the little "14000" indicator between the Pana and the waterfall. It just speeds things up and makes it easier to see.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I total get the older brain thing. Sometimes I find myself lamenting, ' I used to know that'. Once I wrap up up XPSSDR (very soon now) I am going to regress as far back as I need to, in the series of semesters, and proceed through completion of calc-4. I may well have to start with calc-1 page 1. I suspect it's not that dire as I convinced the Massachusetts Dept of education I was qualified to teach it. Best way to keep an aging brain young is keep it well lubed.
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited December 2018
    great idea as a workaround, but surely channel markers (like those in PSDR) are not that hard to do. Either way is good for me, but 60m is a PITA to use without these markers.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I would just like to say that I cannot take any credit for this workaround. I read about it here some time ago.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Never thought about using TNF for that.  I just wish  that Flex would allow you to check your license class and add ARRL bandplan with modes/colors to the frequency scale between the waterfall and pan adapter.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Is there a simple way to clear all TNF's with one click?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That feature request is and has been on the books.  I sure we'll get to it.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It was such a palaver to put all the 'markers' on my system for 60m, I am too afraid to globally turn off and then on the TNFs globally to check if that will work. Test it yourself and let us know if it works as it is the only way that may.
    Update:- All those lovingly placed 60m TNFs have disappeared...flaky persistence stikes again. A further refinement for edge markers would be arrows pointing inwards to the band. I'll leave the nice visual mock-up to Al (NN4ZZ), hi hi.
  • N7WRH
    N7WRH Member ✭✭

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.