Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TNF API Changes

Greg Folker
Greg Folker Inactive Employee
edited January 2020 in New Ideas
In the next release after v2.0.17 we will be making modifications to TNF subscriptions. TNFs will no longer be subscribed to by default and in order to receive updates related to TNFs you will need to explicitly subscribe to them using the command 'sub tnf all'

If you're using FlexLib you can also set the property IsTNFSubscribed to true in order to subscribe.
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the heads-up Greg. Will the API version number be updated? Alternatively, does it cause any problem with the current version to issue the sub tnf message?
  • Greg Folker
    edited August 2017
    The API version will be updated when this change goes live. 

It doesn't hurt to issue the command right now in the current version of the API but it will return with an error because it won't know what the command is. 
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Greg. That's the best of all options. My controller doesn't really know about TNF yet but I was thinking about changing that, so I'll bear these changes in mind. I already use the version number to determine the behaviour of some sections of my code. Do you yet know the new version number? 1.3.0.1 perhaps for a small change like this?

Is there a public document anywhere that details the changes through the various versions?
  • Greg Folker
    edited August 2017
    For a minor change like this the version number would most likely reflect a small change, such as 1.3.0.1. At the moment we do not know an exact number but it will be greater than 1.3.0.0, much of that depends on how many other large/smaller changes we try to fit into the same release.

As far as documentation goes for this change we will be updating the Wiki in the near future to reflect the new sub commands for TNFs which can be found here http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=TCP/IP_sub

-Greg
  • Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

In v2.0.19 I set IsTNFSubscribed to true, and got notified of TNFs when I connected to the radio.  If I'd marked the TNF as permanent, I got notified of the TNFs marked as permanent across a reboot of the radio.  However, with version 2.3.9, this is no longer happening.  I get notified of the TNFs that exist if I don't power off the radio, but once powered off, all TNFs, including those marked as permanent, are lost.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    That should not be happening, I have mine set as band markers and they never move or go missing. You seem to have a persistance problem in the radio. I recomend a factory reset that resets the persistance data base. Then up load your profiles back in.
  • Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

I did a factory reset, then without importing anything, I created a TNF, but it still didn't persist across a reboot of the radio.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    If you create a TNF, yuou will have to right click and 'Remember' it, then it will persist through a restart and you will then have to delete it when you are ready to get rid of it as it will remain 'on' whenever it is within the passband.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.