Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Timer built into flex radio

clint yates
clint yates Member ✭✭
I was wondering g if anyone knows if there is a way to get the flex 6300 to automatically shutdown at a defined time. I use my flex to stream audio .If i want to leave it running and go to bed,I want a way to automatically shut it down.

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Shut down the software?  Use a Windows Scheduled task to **** smartsdr.exe at a certain time.

Shut down the hardware? Use the remote power on connector connected to a relay controlled by an arduino or raspberry pi.

Any of these solutions are outside of the scope expected by Flex to provide.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I realize it is beyond the scope of flex but just wanted ideas on shutting the radio off.I am already using windows scheduler for the software
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Or just put a timer on the power supply to shut off
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I would suspect that is a less than optimal solution as you'd likely want the radio (and corresponding software) to shutdown gracefully, e.g. saving state information.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Walt is correct.  You want to use the Remote On/Off control to initiate an orderly shut down and power up.
  • KD8TVB
    KD8TVB Member
    edited October 2015
    Wemo maker
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I would be cool to have a timer feature built into SSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.