Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Time display in 0.15.13

Options
Tom
Tom Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I notice that the Time-of-day display in the lower right-hand corner of the spectrum display is now displaying the PC's LOCAL time and labeling as GMT (z). Specifically, it is now 01:42 EDT = 05:42z and the display reads 01:42z 73 de Tom, K3IO

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tom, The time looks okay here. It might be worth checking to see if you PC time zone setting got changed, Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Tom, if you have a GPS installed and the GPS is being used, you will have a GPS indicator to the left of the TX indicator in SmartSDR-Windows. In this case, the time is from the GPS and is UTC time. Otherwise, the time relies on the PC clock and its time zone settings to do the right thing. If your PC has the time zone set to UTC, but you've set the PC clock to local time, it could do what you're suggesting.
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Steve's clue solved the problem. After moving the radio, the GPS antenna failed to work, so I ignored it. The time error came from how much the GPS had drifted while free-running. I tried to disabole it from the initial startup, and it failed. To uninstall a non-needed GPS, go SETTINGS>RADIO SETUP>GPS and uninstall it while SSDR is running. 73< Tom
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Also in the Time-of-day display, the "z" is lowercase if the GPS is running and it is "Z" uppercase if the PC's clock is running the show Happy Camper now!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Tom, Big Z - Little z good info......you can tell from my snapshot above that I don't have the GPSDO installed. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Very interesting..... My fully functioning GPS locked module (blue led and GPS status locked) never actually drives the Flex display. Z never goes small and if I manually change the PC date the Flex date changes...ugh!!! Am I really getting the benefit of GPSDO????? I tried disabling, and cold reboot of radio with no change.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.