Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Time wrong when Maestro boots up.

W3EX -- Tom
W3EX -- Tom Member
edited January 2020 in Maestro
I have noticed that when my Maestro boots up that the time that flashes up is three hours off from my time. Probably not of any consequence but just curious.

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    It's the cllock n the internal Dell Tablet that is not synced to anything.

Totally irrelevant ---just ignore it
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2020
    Like Howard said, it is the display time and we have no convenient way to set the time zone, so it is off.  Since we do not use the absolute time for anything in the client, it doesn't make a difference.
  • W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited September 2017

got it. thanks

• Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited September 2017
    Is there a way to take the time on the radio and display it on the Maestro? I continually use the time on the SmartSDR screen when paper logging, so sure miss it on the Maestro!
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Well, not quite.  The Dell's idea of "time" is made visible if you freeze Maestro's waterfall by touching "LIVE".

Maestro does the right thing if you have the GPSDO installed in the radio.  Maestro gets UTC from GPS and syncs the Dell as it should.  I only wish Maestro would display the UTC clock on the main screen when it has sync.  It is useful for operations.  (For now, I have to go the the GPS Menu to see UTC.)

My question is why doesn't the GPSDO sync my PC?  The radio could act as a very nice Stratum 1 NTP server, which the PC (or anybody on your network) could sync to.  I've asked this before, and I assume that FRS doesn't think the software work is justifiable.  But it is probably "only software".

73 Martin AA6E
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.