Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Time domain adjustment for Repeater's output and input frequencies?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in New Ideas
How's this for a bleeding edge feature somewhere far down the road, when SSDR can do everything any other radio can possibly do.

When you are on a repeater it is now very easy to listen to the input in one ear and the output frequency in the other ear, but there is always a slight delay in the output frequency. What about a manual time domain adjuster, or for even more Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century, what about an algorithm that samples the two audio waveforms and inserts a calculated delay in real time!

What do you guys think?

Something to keep those programmers busy in 10 years?

Roy, AC2GS

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No Breaking the Speed of Light Limit! You don't want that speeding ticket!
    Body Cameras or not!image  
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Rather than "speed up" the Repeater output, have you considered delaying the audio output of the input's signal to the headset?

I would never violate the Theory of General Relativity - I couldn't afford the fine!

Roy, AC2GS
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I think the SDR should be put on a rotating wheel and speed it up to get real time time dilation.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No need to spin the radios, most of the operators already spin enough. Some at a very high RPM. Balance is extremely important with extreme revs, some of the unbalanced operators couldn't keep it together, they began to shake and exploded into schrapnel. Some lower rev operators, calmly waited, and suffered no permanent harm. Be careful If you go the spin route, Leave time dilation to the experts. I think time dilation has been  scheduled as a "science project" effort for SmartSDR 3.0. If they do it right you should have been able to download it last year. Part of the effort to make whinging a thing of the past. 
    73, Jay - NO5J 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.