Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

thumbDV current status

dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have this ThumbDV DV3000U and with the new versions of SDR it no longer works.. Are there any plans to get it working again with the current version of SmartSDR (v3.0.27 or v2.5.1)

If there are no plans what can I do with it?

Thanks

Answers

• Mike Heitmann
    Mike Heitmann Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I've seen recent posts from someone with a flexradio.com e-mail address on nw-digital-radio | ambe  I was encouraged to see that someone is at least looking at it. 

I hope the software will be updated to also allow the Flex to use a network connected AMBEServer, rather than require the ThumbDV to be connected directly to the Flex.

Mike, N0SO
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Mike
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have been told by more than one person at FLEX that they have hired a new programmer, and one of their first tasks is to fix the DSTAR WAVEFORM software.

Currently under 2.**** the DSTAR Waveform software works, but it has a .5 sec delay in the decode, so you hear .5sec of the previous transmission first.

Under 3.**** the DSTAR Waveform software doe NOT work. The form comes up, but is not recognized by the SSDR software.

Kent
    KQ4KK

NCS International DSTAR HF Voice Net     hf.dstar-relay.net  
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the update... do you know if there is any ETA on the new waveform?
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I sold my Icom 9100 happily when D-Star was supported by Flex(D-Star HF was the only thing I was still using it for). The Flex is far better in every measurable way, but it is very disappointing not being able to use my radio for that mode
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Flex promised 2 months ago. So, no real ETA. I'll stick my finger in their belly button at the Huntsville Ham fest in August<g>.

I too, sold my 9100 and got a 9700. I was using the FLEX 6600 2.xx with the DSTAR waveform for running the DSTAR HF net. Having the waterfall to find 6khz of space for DSTAR on HF is invaluable. But when I paid $200 for 3.****, it killed the waveform form connections. So, I am running the net with a ICOM 7100. Works great.... just cannot SEE the band spread. 

I too, will be glad when they fix this issue. The FLEX 6xxx on DSTAR is a great asset. 
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I would also really like to see this working again as well. Not that I am a big D-Star user, but would love to use it with my transverters as well. 
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Not sure you’ll be able to use it with a transverter unless something changes.. I know previously it would not work with a transverter...
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Prior to 3.xx software, I had DSTAR on my FLEX 6xxx working with both the 2m and 440 Ukrainian transverters on the local DSTAR repeaters and my hotspots. However, of course, it still had the .5sec anomaly, that did drive me crazy. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.